Fiber One ?

Options
I've seen recipes using ground up fiber one as a coating. Are there any other cereals that anyone's used or can recommend instead?

Replies

• sweetandstormy
    Options
    I've seen recipes using ground up fiber one as a coating. Are there any other cereals that anyone's used or can recommend instead?
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    question for you did you try the recipe with the fiber one? if so how did it taste? I was wondering about the same thing!
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    Nope, I haven't tried it yet. I'm planning a trip to the store later this week and just wondered how limited I am in choosing.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    We've used all kinds of stuff. My hubby LOVES chicken fingers, so we've breaded them in cheerios, goldfish crackers, Special K, Corn Flakes, all kinds of stuff. We put whatever we have in a plastic bag and crush it a little, and it all tastes good. He especially likes the goldfish crackers, but I like the Special K. :smile: I think any unsweetened flake cereal would work just fine.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    We've used all kinds of stuff. My hubby LOVES chicken fingers, so we've breaded them in cheerios, goldfish crackers, Special K, Corn Flakes, all kinds of stuff. We put whatever we have in a plastic bag and crush it a little, and it all tastes good. He especially likes the goldfish crackers, but I like the Special K. :smile: I think any unsweetened flake cereal would work just fine.

Someone else mentioned in an earlier post that they thought the Fiber One tasted too sweet, so you might want to try one of these instead. Could also try using breadcrumbs made from the light bread.:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If the recipe is for a dessert, the original Fiber One cereal is fine but you may have to play around with other cereals if it's for an actual dish.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    yeah the fiber 1 original is kinda sweet , so ya have to spice it up and add some salt to offset thet. Made that mistake when making the HG onion rings , didnt use any spices with the fiber 1 crumbs and while it was edible it was kinda wierd cause it was so sweet
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I use rice krispies too....
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I used the fiber one extra fiber cereal as a coating on chicken one time. I mixed it half and half with bread crumbs. I thought it tasted good! A little bit sweet, and not all that crunchy, but I like sweet stuff with chicken anyways.