Trying to hold steady

Options
I have lost about 40 pounds since the beginning of last year. I can't believe it was that much. I had a couple of set backs, but I am pretty much where I need to be to feel good about how I look and feel. I have so much more energy and most of my clothes fit pretty well. A lot of them are too big on me, but I hate to buy more. I am scared I will gain weight back. I have continued to exercise at least 45 minutes 5 times a week. I usually take a couple days off, especially if it has been a rough day at work. I continue to log most of my food in my diary, most days anyway. Anyone else want to keep each other motivated to stay the same or even if you have some to lose still.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Congrats, good for you! I have been suplimenting my wardrobe from 2nd hand stores as I don't want to spend the money on new stuff since I don't plan on staying my current size long.
    You should definately go and weed through the racks at a few of the stores as you deserve to have clothes that fit you well now . . . that in itself is a nice ego boost!
    Keep up the great work!
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey and your success! I'm going to buy some cheap pants today as my current ones are dragging but I hope that I'm only part way on my own road. That's why I'm so focused on doing what is sustainable.

Hold Fast and get rid of those old, fat clothes. You're never going back there. ;-D
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding touchy-feely, let GO of your old clothes. Let go of your old self! Clothing stores won't stop making clothes that would fit your larger self, but you're not wearing them now are you? get out there and congratulate your self with some spiffy new pants!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Definitely get rid of your oversized clothes! It is the best way to say "That's not me, I'm not going back there."

I kept one pair of pants in the next size up. One. They are stretch jeans, so they cover a large weight range. The smaller clothes keep me motivated to re-lose that stoopid 20 pounds I've gained. Argh.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about doing what is sustainable. I haven't been really strict with myself lately, just watching portions for the most part and sticking to water. I could work on eating a few more salads, but I really like dressing and bacon and cheese on mine, which kinda defeats the purpose... I have been eating mostly egg whites, and whole grain cereals and bread for breakfast. I actually like it more now. I think it is mostly the evenings that get me tripped up. I get tired, and hungry and so busy with work and the kids that we end up doing fast food sometimes, too much lately, which I am trying to change. Dont' want to slip back into the old habits.
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Well, not great on the eating yesterday, but not horrible. I seem to eat worse when I am busy at work, just shovel it in...you know. Anyway, got a work out in this morning, even though I didn't really feel like. I know it's better to get it done before the kids get up and I get distracted, then really don't feel like it. It's like if you say "I'll just skip it today" then one day becomes two and then three and so on. I don't want to get like that again. If I keep it at 5 days a week I will be doing good. Especially during the holidays the next two weeks.
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Okay, so I had one too many oreo balls today, and fast food for lunch. I think I'm a little down with the holidays coming and all. I did get a good workout in today, so it wasn't a total loss, and drank enough water. Same thing, good breakfast, then lazy and laxs the rest of the day. I am a little sore from my Jilliam Michaels circuit training yesterday. That usually means I haven't been doing it enough. I might try some other kind of DVD maybe with some weights incorporated into it. Any ideas? I keep hearing about Zumba, what is that?
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Well, I haven't been following any diet exactly lately, but I am resolved to do at least a few things right during the holidays, like drink water and not fillup on soda and whatnot. Try to eat a healthy breakfast even though I am making pancakes and french toast for the kids, ha ha. My husband is coming home on leave soon, I hope and I don't want to throw caution to the wind while he is home, like it is a license to slip back into all the old habits. I am definitely doing to keep up with my exercising as well. That is like the final straw, once I quit exercising, the weight just creeps back on. Wish me luck, or rather determination!
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Okay, New Years out of town for 5 days went okay. Ran a couple of times outside. Ate okay for the first couple of days, New years eve not so much. Then New years day I ate a lot and no exercise. But I had to do clear liquids all day yesterday for a test, plus drink some "Prep" so I guess we'll really see what happened in a couple of days when my body is back to normal. Hope everyone is doing good. My New Years Resolution is to stay the same by this time next year. I am tired of going up and down.
  • curlytop89
    Options
    Okay, I am back at it. I was feeling kinda down a couple days ago, because I know I hadn't been eating right and hadn't exercised in serveral days. Probably the longest I've gone without exercising in a year. I did put on a few pounds, but I am confident that It wont stay for long. When I look back at last year this time and how tired and out of shape I was, it makes me not want to get that way again. Plus running is soooooo much easier without that extra weight. It is difficult with practically being a single mom right now with no family around to enter many races, but I would like to try something. Maybe something will come up close by that I can do so I will have a goal to work towards. When my husband comes home later this summer, I might try working towards a marathon. We will see. That is a lot of time spent running.