over in calories?

In a four day period I am over 246 calories. Should I try to make up by eating the 246cal. less?

Replies

• agitch
    agitch Posts: 47
    In a four day period I am over 246 calories. Should I try to make up by eating the 246cal. less?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    you could do that, normally I would try to make it up by working out for a little extra over a few days, so for 250 cals you could run for 8 minutes at 5.5 mph for 2 days as an example. Or hit the bike at 90 rpms and light resistance for 15 to 20 minutes for 2 days. That is what I do. But don't sweat 250 cals so much, that's less than1/10th of 1 lb. just throw 2 extra minutes onto what ever workout you do for a week or so, that will burn it off in no time.
  • birdclaw
    birdclaw Posts: 5 Member
    I agree with Banks. I think it is also very important to keep in mind that if you start cutting calories too drastically your body will think it is starving and hold on to the calories it gets. Sounds to me like you are doing a really good job at staying on track though. Keep up the good work!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I don't normally try to make up those calories the next day. I begin new everyday. If I can see a trend in my eating that is continually making me go over I take a look and see if I can find ways to improve either by what I am eating or adding a walk.

By the way I didn't realize you are so close to where I am. Very nice. Glad you are here. I am in Oakland, Or myself.

Eve
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I'm all about moving on. I wouldn't worry about yesterday's calories. Just keep on track and forgive yourself for 'sins' of the past!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    That is what?….an average of 61.5 calories over a day. Don’t worry about that you more then likely worked that off somewhere in your regular daily activities. It is hard to hit your target caloric intake each day right on the button. When I do I giggle about it because I usually over a tad of the 1200 calories (which our bodies need just to function).
    You are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work!