Am i the only one who does this.

Options
So ive noticed when im reallllllllllly hungry, i look in the fridge....NOTHING. I look in the cabinets... Nothing!!!! But 5 minutes later, i ALWAYSSS go back to look, as if something magically appeared. :laugh:

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am notorious for this, especially when that time is coming. I hate it! Munch munch munch!!
  • dishapes
    dishapes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do that too...:laugh:
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    LOL! I do this too! Mostly when I am bored at home.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I do it too! There is always the hope that something sweet/salty and low cal magically appears out of thin air.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think my mind thinks "Ok, maybe that not-so-yummy looking thing in the back is appealing NOW."
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to do that when I craved salty sweet high calorie bad foods. But now I just crave fresh foods :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    This is week two for me in eatin' healthy...I find it's easier to cut up veggies, carrots, green peppers or whatever veggies you like...I put them in the snack sizes baggies, and put them in the fridge...even though I know it's not chips - but it does help somewhat. Week two - I'm cravin' my salted chips and dip, and Pepsi...It's hard. But, it does help to have a pre-cut up ready 'snack' in the fridge...or almost I find 10-14 Plain unsalted Almonds does wonders to, and a glass of water...Hope this helps some...much loves..xo
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Then I start thinking.. well ramen noodles and syrup might be a good snack.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I definitely do that as well. My rational is "Maybe something will look good now!" But it never does. And I don't just go back once.... More like a million times until I finally decide to eat something!
  • HippyHorse
    Options
    This is how I know I'm just bored, because if I was really hungry I would just eat whatever was there. Having said that, I do hate eating things that I don't like because I feel like I'm wasting my calories.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. I do this too. There's always the chance that my eye passed over something truly satifying the first three times I looked, and then will suddenly see it the fourth time around. (riiiiiiiight.)
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So ive noticed when im reallllllllllly hungry, i look in the fridge....NOTHING. I look in the cabinets... Nothing!!!! But 5 minutes later, i ALWAYSSS go back to look, as if something magically appeared. :laugh:

YES YES YES...glad i'm not alone with this. I notice I've done it more now cuz it's soon to my that TOM but i've controlled my urges and I've eaten my granola bars. Seems to be working so far...oh and a lot of water,i just make sure I stay home cuz once I go out I'm runnin to the bathroom...and sometimes there just isn't one readily available to RUN TO! :blushing:
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

LOL that sounds just like MY pantry and creative meal ideas!!!!!!!
  • lastchance2010
    Options
    Yes. Yes. I do this too. There's always the chance that my eye passed over something truly satifying the first three times I looked, and then will suddenly see it the fourth time around. (riiiiiiiight.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Yep, all the time. I call it "kitchen cruising"
  • lastchance2010
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HippyHorse
    Options
    Yep, all the time. I call it "kitchen cruising"

Lol, love it.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

ok that's just gross! I get that you were kidding but ick.....

However sometimes I feel that way on FB, keep looking to see if someone else posted something good. lol
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    yep! Me too! this topic is actually making me laugh as I was doing this just yesterday. Constantly looking in the fridge every few minutes thinking maybe I missed something or maybe something looks better now than it did 10 mins. ago. :laugh:
    Then I start my grocery shopping looking for things that are healthy, but that will satisfy that craving. I always have a healthy stash of something salty (Kettle potato chips usually) and something sweet (sugar-free pudding or mini cups of ice cream from Skinny Cow) that will curb that craving in a hurry.
  • lastchance2010
    Options
    This is week two for me in eatin' healthy...I find it's easier to cut up veggies, carrots, green peppers or whatever veggies you like...I put them in the snack sizes baggies, and put them in the fridge...even though I know it's not chips - but it does help somewhat. Week two - I'm cravin' my salted chips and dip, and Pepsi...It's hard. But, it does help to have a pre-cut up ready 'snack' in the fridge...or almost I find 10-14 Plain unsalted Almonds does wonders to, and a glass of water...Hope this helps some...much loves..xo

i LOVE CHIPS and dip!!! I'm about to make some hummus and get those veggies out to have that for lunch..yummers!!!