confused ....

faithNlove212
faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am getting mixed opinions on this, so I wanted to see what everyone else....

I have been going to the gym 6 days a week for the past month. I do the tredmill, eliptical & bike. I recently just started doing weights 2 days ago on my legs to help my inner thighs & butt shrink.

I am extremely sore today. My inner thighs/groin area hurts. Should I be doing weight training 6 days a week like I am on the tredmill or should it only be a few days a week? I am going to stay away from the weight machines today because theres no way Im gonna be able to do them without being in pain :sad:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,340 Member
    Muscles need a recovery day. You shouldn't be doing resistance training on any muscle group two days in a row.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Yes, stay away from the weight machines at least on your thigh, leg area. When doing weights you should let the area you are doing rest every other day so it has a chance to repair itself. If it is still sore it probably isnt repaired yet. Most people work the legs mon, weds and friday and arms and shoulders tues and thurs or a similiar schedule.
  • You should do weight training only 2-3 days per week, and always give a rest day in between working the same muscle groups. I personally do one session of lower body and core and then another session of upper body and core a few days later. If you are sore, the best medicine is to move. Do at least light cardio like walking, but you can go harder if you feel up to it. Moving the muscles that are sore gets blood flowing to them so they can heal.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    that's right, if you want to lift weights 6 days a week, make sure you target certain areas...for me i do 2 arms, 2 legs and abs every other day, and then the alternating days i do 2 different arms, 2 different legs and lower back...but i only do that 4 days a week. and cardio 6...make sure you have one complete day of recovery or your muscles will hate you
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Ok you cant spot reduce. You better off doing weight bearing exercises for the bottom half. You can weight train 6 days BUT you should not work the same muscle 2 days in a row. Split it up. Or do good circuit trianing workouts 3-4 days and add cardio as extra. PS doing alot of cardio is not going to be that affective with weight loss. Look more into interval training and circuit trainnig. I have completly reshaped my lower half and fought genetics. It can be done! With hard work! Good Nutrition! Training the right way!
This discussion has been closed.