Making an inspiration scrapbook - need short motivational qu

iwannawearatutu
iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
I'm starting my exercise routine in the new year, as part of a tip from "16 Ways to Get Motivated When You’re in a Slump" - I'm building anticipation by NOT starting right away. As one of the ways I'm getting myself super excited to get started, I am going through all my old issues of Fitness magazine (and old copies of Collage Video catalogs) and making an inspiration scrapbook using those peel and stick pages and a three ring binder. It's load of fun, and getting me very excited to BRING IT in the new year - plus it will be something I can go back to and look through or add to later when I'm feeling down and needing a boost of motivation.

A lot of the pictures are very big though, and I find myself with some small gaps to fill in. Any thoughts on good motivational fitness quotes or phrases?

Replies

• "A moment on the lips, Forever on the hips" :blushing:
  • "i have not failed, i've found 10,000 ways that dont work" - Benjamin Franklin

this one always makes me feel better when i feel like i'm failing at everything. :)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    One of my favourites is:

"How bad do you want it?"
  • Each little moment of effort adds up to equal success.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Someone once posted on here " Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard. Choose your hard."
    I always think back to that!
  • "Lack of willpower has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability." Flower A. Newhouse
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks all, keep 'em comin' :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    I love the quote I have in my signature. It keeps me going!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I've got tons!

1) "an ant on the move does more than a dozing ox" ~ Lao Tzu
    2) "be self reliant and your success is assured" ~ Unknown
    3) "attitude is a litte thing that makes a big difference" ~ Winston Churchill
    4) "Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get" ~ Dale Carnegie
    5) "never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat" ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
    6) "anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" ~ Albert Einstein
    7)"success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" ~ George S. Patton
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Someone once posted on here " Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard. Choose your hard."
    I always think back to that!

i really like this....
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Failure is not falling down...it's not getting up
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    My grandma used to always say "To feel 'fit as a fiddle', you must tone down your middle." to chastise my grandpa's eating habits!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.