my happy weight... and yet I was overweight. (pics)

Options
In 10 lbs I will be back here!! My happy weight, But still 20lbs overweight. It bothers me that I was content to be overweight most of my adult life. :blushing: Strange how now that seems unacceptable. :grumble:

153lbs
1568156_5384_thumb.jpg
155 lbs
1568156_6003_thumb.jpg

Replies

• ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it that way! Your happy weight is the weight that you can comfortably maintain and feel good at.

You look great and your goal weight should be whatever weight you feel good at. If 135 is it, great, but if 150 is it, that's okay too!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it that way! Your happy weight is the weight that you can comfortably maintain and feel good at.

You look great and your goal weight should be whatever weight you feel good at. If 135 is it, great, but if 150 is it, that's okay too!

Thanks for the kind words. :flowerforyou: Love your profile pic, cool shot!!

But I don't see 20lbs overweight as "okay" anymore. I always feel good at whatever weight I am, thats one of my problems.:blushing:
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Thanks for the kind words. :flowerforyou: Love your profile pic, cool shot!!

But I don't see 20lbs overweight as "okay" anymore. I always feel good at whatever weight I am, thats one of my problems.:blushing:

I don't think it's a problem - you've obviously gotten healthier than you were before and so now you see possibilities for yourself that you didn't see back then. So I say, good for you to want to break that barrier and be even healthier than you were before!

And I think the fact that you feel good at whatever weight you're at is so nice to hear. So many people have such low self-esteem and I hate hearing that people don't think they can love themselves until they reach their goal weight. It sounds like you have all the strategies in place to reach your goal.

Make sure to post success pictures when you reach it! :)