gaining weight back

Options
okay so my original weight was 72kg and i lost 2kg and then a few days later i gained all my weight back, is that normal?
and also do i have to eat back my exercise calories?

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal. Track your trend and don't fret over the daily scale number.

Yes you should eat back your exercise calories, but it commonly believed among MFPers that MFP overestimates calories burned, so if you don't have another way to track the calories you've burned, then only eat back 2/3-3/4, of what MFP gives you.

Edited for typo.
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! It happens..are you tracking your food?
    As for eating your exercise calories, I wouldn't eat back the calories. However if I am really hungry I would eat it. So there isn't a wrong or right answer for that question. You have to decided that. Good luck! :D
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    okay so my original weight was 72kg and i lost 2kg and then a few days later i gained all my weight back, is that normal?
    and also do i have to eat back my exercise calories?

don't eat them back, you're better off not even logging exercise in or you will be tempted, if you must log exercise just log it as 1 cal and you can always post what you really burned......
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Most of what you're seeing in fluctuation, is water. Yes MFP is designed so you eat back your exercise calories Most people do a half so as to allow room for miscalculations in calories burned or logging errors.