New to Fitnesspal.

Options
Hello All!

I joined this site in order to better myself and meet my fitness goals. I work at a computer all day long, then attend non-profit functions that involve plenty of rich food and wine. In the past two years my organization has done wonderful things for others, but personally, I have done nothing but expand my waist line. I have become an over eater without a twenty year old metabolism. Well, enough is enough! I want to take my body back and fit into my clothes again. My goal is to loose 20 pounds, while eating well and exercising.

It's difficult to keep one's self from sabotaging ones own goal. To combat this, I will NEVER focus on what I didn't do but only look at what I am going to do. If I falter one day I will not let myself use that as an excuse for the following day. Gaining the weight was so easy... loosing it is proving to be one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Having a community is one of the most important support systems for anyone making life changes. I am here to support anyone making such a life change in a positive manner.

My best to all of you trying to better yourselves!

~Nika

Replies

• Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nika~ You have come to a great place for support and help:) People are so helpful here! I want to wish you the best of luck on your journey! You can add me as a friend if you'd like! The more support people you have the better :)
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... Good luck on your goals! You CAN combat this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! :)
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & starting your journey to a healthier you! It will be hard, probably one of the hardest things you've ever done; but also the most rewarding! You will find tons of support, advice & encouragement on this site :)
  • susandm
    susandm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I have been on MFP for quite a while; however, I just recently started opening up on MFP about my weightloss journey. I too work at a desk all day. I know the challenge of forcing yourself to find time to focus on your health. I would be glad to offer any suggestions and/or advice you may need along the way. Or, what ever. Good luck on your journey!