Food suggestions

Options
winwin
winwin Posts: 134 Member
I haven't been on here for a while (a little over a year). I am trying to get back on track, but can't remember some of the foods I used to eat that were filling and not too time consuming to make. Things that are more likely on hand than not. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks everybody. Winwin

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Here are a few simple things

Turkey burgers on Oroweat/Arnold sandwich thins with a tiny bit of reduced fat cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc
    Grilled chicken - lots of ways to season this. Make extra to make into salads and sandwiches through the week
    Baked white fish - I do in a hot oven with a little low cal italian dressing and panko bread crumbs sprinkled on top
    Baked pork chops - browned and then placed in covered casserole on top of peeled and sliced appples, sage, lemon, cinnamon - finish in the oven
    Oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Fresh fruit
    Fresh veggies (or frozen) - I steam with a chopped garlic clove - needs nothing else
    Baked sweet potato - yummy and I do not need any butter -)
    Roasted half turkey breast (in the meat department)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    WELCOME BACK!

I roast massive trays of veggies once or twice a week. I toss them in salt and pepper and olive oil (I shake them in gladware containers so I don't need to use much olive oil). I reheat them throughout the week with an easy protein like chicken or pork tenderloin (I bake the pork tenderloin ahead of time and divide into 3oz portions).

I also steam mushrooms and add them (along with reduced swiss cheese) to an egg white omelette.

Charmagne
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your ideas. My mouth is watering already. I can't wait to try these.