No appetite at all!!

Options
Hey guys..

So for about 3 days now, I have had literally no appetite
I wake up in the morning and would drink water, all I have during the day til about 3pm is water and I won't feel hungry one bit.. I would probably have 1 meal that is about 300-400 calories and that could literally be it for the day.. Should I be forcing myself to eat even thou I don't feel hungry??? I don't feel tired or have a lack of energy at all.. I'm simply just not hungry

Please help

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    That is just not a good idea and very unhealthy as you're not providing your body with the nutrients it needs. Did you seek the advice of a physician prior to beginning your program?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I would.
    Hungry or not, 300-400 for several days will not sustain you properly. I force myself to at least get near 1,200 on days I'm not too hungry (ex: on weekends when I may not be doing much, I tend to eat less than during the week when I'm running around at work or class).

If you don't want to eat more meals, at least pack more calorie dense foods into your day, like peanut butter or avocado.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1416268-not-feeling-hungry

You got a lot of good advice and commentary here at this post. As an aside, you shouldn't repost the same thing in multiple boards.
  • Teelays
    Teelays Posts: 14
    Options

You got a lot of good advice and commentary here at this post. As an aside, you shouldn't repost the same thing in multiple boards.

If u actually read what I put on the other post u would understand that it's different
    But obviously not...
  • missiontofitness
    Options

If u actually read what I put on the other post u would understand that it's different
    But obviously not...

I read it.
  • Teelays
    Options

But obviously not...

I read it.

So y are u lecturing me???
    I just need advise that's all geez!!
  • Teelays
    Options
    The difference is that those days I forced myself to eat.. Now I'm not even hungry one bit hence y I asked again.. There was no need for what u did..

I jus wanted advise that's all.. Is that a problem!??
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    There's no need to get defensive. I was not rude when I pointed out not to post similar topics in multiple boards (it's in the forum rules). I also gave you advice, and what I do in the same situation. I'm not revisiting this thread anymore, so good luck.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Hey guys..

So for about 3 days now, I have had literally no appetite
    I wake up in the morning and would drink water, all I have during the day til about 3pm is water and I won't feel hungry one bit.. I would probably have 1 meal that is about 300-400 calories and that could literally be it for the day.. Should I be forcing myself to eat even thou I don't feel hungry??? I don't feel tired or have a lack of energy at all.. I'm simply just not hungry

Please help

A) YES ! eat more, eat a lot more,
    B) are you sure you aren't eating more than that? are you using a food scale?
    C) Eating that little with out proper supervision (and even then) is never a good thing.
    D) Go see your doctor, you may have some medical issue.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    3-400 calories a day is starvation mode. Completely unadvisable because your body will not be getting the energy or nutrients it needs. Unsustainable If you cant eat then get some meal replacement drinks with all the nutrients you need in them. Nope im not talking diet, but the ones you use when you are ill. If it carries on for one more day then go see your GP.

1000 calories is really easy to eat. Dont be defensive people are alarmed and trying to popint you in the right direction.