Strong Lift 5*5 programme from monday.

Options
So I am starting a strong lift 5*5 programme from monday, This is my first time trying this programme and I am on dat der bulk

I was wondering if I can do it 5 days/week instead of 3. I workout in college gym and coach wont like it if I am doing 3days/week. I get enough rest everyday too, 9-10 hours of sleep and sometimes more.

Tips and help?

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So I am starting a strong lift 5*5 programme from monday, This is my first time trying this programme and I am on dat der bulk

I was wondering if I can do it 5 days/week instead of 3. I workout in college gym and coach wont like it if I am doing 3days/week. I get enough rest everyday too, 9-10 hours of sleep and sometimes more.

Tips and help?

Are you stuck in a particular schedule or do you have some flexibility with your workout and rest days? I would just a split style type thing. 3 days on, 1 day off, then repeat. Or add a rest day before and after squat/deadlift, then repeat. Draw back is you will be lifting/resting on different days from week to week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    perhaps a different program that has you on 4 days a week?

why is your coach against 3 days a week- when it gets heavy it's needed- that would cause me some concern. Does he want you lifting for looks to impress people- or lifting to actually make progress. not a good impression to me.

otherwise just take a day between and roll through the program on an every other day thing- like the Djinn said you'd be lifting on different days but you'd be getting rest in.
  • JohnnyyyBravooo
    Options
    perhaps a different program that has you on 4 days a week?

why is your coach against 3 days a week- when it gets heavy it's needed- that would cause me some concern. Does he want you lifting for looks to impress people- or lifting to actually make progress. not a good impression to me.

otherwise just take a day between and roll through the program on an every other day thing- like the Djinn said you'd be lifting on different days but you'd be getting rest in.

Dumbass think push ups alone would make all bod. Lol what you expect? Hed think I am busy getting high or something
  • JohnnyyyBravooo
    Options

Tips and help?

Are you stuck in a particular schedule or do you have some flexibility with your workout and rest days? I would just a split style type thing. 3 days on, 1 day off, then repeat. Or add a rest day before and after squat/deadlift, then repeat. Draw back is you will be lifting/resting on different days from week to week.

I need something strong for 5 days. Miscbrahs said it'd be okay but then again Its miscbrahs. Wont know ifsrs
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Tips and help?

I need something strong for 5 days. Miscbrahs said it'd be okay but then again Its miscbrahs. Wont know ifsrs
    You don't need, you want.

I would suggest an upper/lower program that focuses on power and hyper days. I suggest this:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
  • JohnnyyyBravooo
    Options

Tips and help?

I would suggest an upper/lower program that focuses on power and hyper days. I suggest this:

Lol. You on that site too? Actually I was browsing it earlier and I do need something power focused so I might give it a try bro
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Tips and help?

Lol. You on that site too? Actually I was browsing it earlier and I do need something power focused so I might give it a try bro
    It's a great program.