Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Olive Garden dilema

I have to eat at The Olive Garden tonight. For my entre I was thinking about getting either the stuffed mushrooms (250 cal) or the mussel's (180 cal) off the appetizer menu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    I've found when I look up cal counts for restaurants it will say 180 cals per serving. Most apps. are 2 or more servings. Keep that in mind. I always go for the lowest cal item cuz you know you may pick and eat other items.
  • Their Venetian Apricot Chicken is reallly good and only 280 calories (if I remember correctly) -- I was hesitant at first with the apricots, but it was still delicious! my mother kept trying to eat my dinner!
  • nll002
    nll002 Posts: 18
    Venetian Apricot Chicken - 380 calories and it tastes really good! That's usually my go-to meal there - avoid the breadsticks and get salad without the dressing, or a very small amount on the side (it is loaded with calories even though it is Italian!). It's hard to get through a meal at Olive Garden, but you'll be proud of yourself afterwards if you can make it through!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    I always get either the minestrone soup, or the marinara linquine, and the salad without the dressing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I just eat half of whatever I eat there and ask for the salad dressing on the side. Their breadsticks are 150 calories each so try to eat only one... you could ask for no olives in the salad to cut sodium. I usually get the chicken alfredo and eating half ends up to about 500 calories or so.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I love the Cappellini Pomororo too... I wouldn't eat all of it, but typically that is what I get there. Salad with dressing on the side... and I always have to save some calories for a breadstick (if you can stop at one!)
  • soups or salads! salads with dressing on the side- always! I actually never use dressing with my salads, but if you must, do the lightest on the side! =]
  • Thanks for all the great suggestions. I had salad with their fat free dressing on the side, 1/2 of a breadstick and shared the eggplant parm with me husband. It came out to 607 calories, I was satisfied and did not go over on calories for the day. I don't even want to look at my sodium though because I know it was probablly sky high!
  • My first post here as I am a convert from FitDay. Last time I went to Olive Garden I found out they have a gluten-free menu with nutritional information. Just a suggestion as they change the sauces, sides, etc out in the entrees with healthier options.