Party season.....aaaggghhh!!!!

Options
So tell me your tips, because I just seem to be having one invite after another.........all of which result in me consuming huge amounts of alcohol.

Yes I know we're all human and its that time of year, I just wanted to know............how are you dealing with it and what do you do to combat the weight gain? :drinker: :drinker:

OH and i don't come on the message boards very often......so .............MERRY XMAS ALL!!!!!! :smooched:

Replies

• StephieAmber
    Options
    Someone just posted this!! Super helpful tips you may find useful over the next few weeks :) Best of luck and have a safe holiday!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/141860-found-this-on-msn-weight-loss-commandments-for-the-holiday
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Drink low calorie cocktails - like white wine. Have one wine, then fill glass with water once or twice - have another wine - then more water. I usually have two glasses of wine this way - for an average of 4 hr party. I also eat before (unless of course it is a sit down dinner party) so I am not tempted by all the goodies. I may have a piece or two of something that is lower in calorie at the party.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I tend to not drink a lot anyway... so that part is easy for me! I try to stick to water or diet coke or splurging on a regular coke or ginger ale or something. :)

As for the foods... I try to get the yummy things that I typically only get this time of year, and lots of fruits/veggies (there is almost always a veggie tray!) I have found that as I am eating healthier I don't really want tons of sweets, so that is good too!