Need new home scale - any advice?

Options
My 'Eat Smart Precision Bathroom Scale' just died :-(. Need advice on what scale to replace it with - nothing too expensive though ;-)

Thanks all!

Replies

• gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi jeancricket!!! I got an eatsmart from amazon for about $40. They have one for about $50 that does body fat too. Not sure what the reviews are regarding the accuracy. I like mine and it seems to be consistent. I can message you with a link to the one I got.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I buy a cheapo from Walmart. $15 works. I used to but expensive ones, but unless you spend the time to calibrate it so it is accurate and precise, repeatability if all you are really after.

ALSO Get digital - studies (Consumer Reports) show that digital is much more repeatable/accurate than your run of the mill analog scale.
  • mfesloca
    mfesloca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Aria. It was about $100, but that fact that it syncs automatically with MFP is totally fantastic. They also have incredible customer service. I had one that stopped syncing for some reason a year after I bought it, so I emailed them about it, and they just sent me a new one.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gail :-). Send me the link :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JTNWVK/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Consistent weight no matter how many times you weigh yourself.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Mfsloca,

Oooh :smile: that FitBit Aria sounds awesome! Gotta save $$$$ for if tho....
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Francl27,

That's a cool-looking scale! And only $18.95 - nice! Thx for the link :-)

Jean
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eat Smart Precision Bathroom Scale :) Its my favorite.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Thanks BramageOMG :-)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this one

Never tried it, but I don't like reviews like this: (from amazon)

Here are some measurements I've gotten from repeatedly stepping on and off again, taking care to place my feet in precisely the same way each time: 210.3, 233.6, 228.9, 251.0, 248.7, 215.5, 231.2, 244.9.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Good advice Go-Mizzou - thx :-)
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My 'Eat Smart Precision Bathroom Scale' just died :-(. Need advice on what scale to replace it with - nothing too expensive though ;-)

Thanks all!

Buy another one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this one

Never tried it, but I don't like reviews like this: (from amazon)

Here are some measurements I've gotten from repeatedly stepping on and off again, taking care to place my feet in precisely the same way each time: 210.3, 233.6, 228.9, 251.0, 248.7, 215.5, 231.2, 244.9.

Yeah it's odd, but I haven't had this problem with it at all. I can step on it 4x in a row, I'll get the same weight every time, as long as I don't move it, lol.
  • mfesloca
    mfesloca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mfsloca,

Oooh :smile: that FitBit Aria sounds awesome! Gotta save $$$$ for if tho....

Definitely more than I've ever spent on a scale. My husband and I are both losing weight (he had much more to lose), so I bought him the Aria when he was down 50 pounds.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    BalanceFrom High Accuracy Premium Digital Bathroom Scale

I've only had it for a few months now but very happy with it so far. I'm going to the doctor's office monthly and the scale is right in line with their high-end scales.

Got it on Amazon.com for $25 (free Shipping on orders over $35)
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I bought a Doctors scale at a Garage sale... best scale I have ever had.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really wanted the Aria since I have the fitbit one, but the price changed my mind! It would be nice though. I couldn't justify one more weight loss/maintenance investment. I think I might see if I have an luck on ebay!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath & Beyond has a Withings wifi scale for $99, and they have those 20% off coupons all the time. I'd get that, or wait for Black Friday deals. Withings made the Fitbit Aria originally (maybe still, incognito), and I think the Withings one now has better reviews.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thanks everyone :-)