Can't seem to eat enough calories

Options
So I've done almost four rounds of body beast and P90x hybrid just the muscle building workouts and for the first three rounds I just ate whatever I did not track my calories and just ate. We'll the result I'm now at 12.44% body fat

I'm 5 ft 1 115lbs male still skinny but have body fat. I'm really trying to clean up my diet for this round here the problem I'm eating around 2,280 to 2,400 calories per day I really want abs but I'm finding it difficult to eat this many calories in healthy foods.

Like your typical.

Brown rice

Chicken breast

Lean steak

Wild salmon

Brown rice

Wheat bread

Greek yogurt etc you get it.

So I'm trying to clean up my diet I'm throwing in 20 minutes if cardio once a week. And following the nutrition guide.

What can I do to help get this many calories in on healthy foods. I know abs are made in the kitchen but I'm finding it difficult to eat this healthy and still get enough calories.

The into supplement I can take is whey protein due to heart and kidney issues.

Any help would be nice I feel like I'm always hungry.

Thanks and sorry for my grammar I have a terrible learning disability

Trying to get to at least 120 to 125lbs

Btw I'm 21 and suck at cooking I can cook basic stuff that it.

I also bought a food scale this round so I would not lie to myself and guess

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    High calorie healthy foods: avocado, butter, whole milk, grains (try new ones besides brown rice for variety, like quinoa- it cooks like rice), cheeses, that kind of thing.

Take a gander around your grocery store, and I'm sure you can find tasty looking healthy food that you'd like to try out. Good luck!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

What can I do to help get this many calories in on healthy foods. I know abs are made in the kitchen but I'm finding it difficult to eat this healthy and still get enough calories.
    That's your problem defining food as unhealthy and healthy. Food is just food. Hit your macros and aim for around 80% of your so called 'healthy foods' then go and eat some ice cream or pizza it wont kill you or stall progress it's just food and can be part of a balanced diet
  • Antonhend
    Options
    Try porridge mixed with nuts and banana for breakfast its a good 600 calorie start to the day..
    ON Mass Gainers help 1250 calories per drink split between 2 daily snack drinks.
    i eat 3500 cal / day and only just make small weight gains.
  • blackleatherrain
    blackleatherrain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If all you need is kcal and you're already hitting your protein macros, load up with some fat. Have a bulletproof coffee or tea once or twice a day.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    for the first three rounds I just ate whatever I did not track my calories and just ate.
    We'll the result I'm now at 12.44% body fat
    This says that you're in a healthy range, considered athletic:
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/body-fat-measurement?page=2

The American Council on Exercise provides the following ranges for body-fat percentage:

Essential fat
    Women 10-12%
    Men 2-4%

Athletes
    Women 14-20%
    Men 6-13%

Fitness
    Women 21-24%
    Men 14-17%

Acceptable
    Women 25-31%
    Men 18-25%

Obese
    Women 32% plus
    Men 26% plus
    So I'm trying to clean up my diet I'm throwing in 20 minutes of cardio once a week.
    According to the CDC, to maintain a healthy weight we should be doing 150 minutes a week, or 30 minutes x 5 days.

"[P]hysical activity reduces risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes beyond that produced by weight reduction alone"
    "To maintain your weight: work your way up to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity, 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, or an equivalent mix of the two each week."
    (The page explains moderate & vigorous.)
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html
    I'm eating around 2,280 to 2,400 calories per day I really want abs but I'm finding it difficult to eat this many calories in healthy foods ...
    What can I do to help get this many calories in healthy foods. I know abs are made in the kitchen but I'm finding it difficult to eat this healthy and still get enough calories.
    Switch to regular yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, milk instead of skim or lowfat.
    Eat nuts, avocados, fatty fish (more salmon, for example), hummus, peanut butter.
    Healthy grains have already been suggested.

[/quote]Btw I'm 21 and suck at cooking I can cook basic stuff that it.[/quote]
    Here's a good place to find tasty recipes, good directions, and most of them have nutrition info.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/