Low carb

Options
It's exactly 1week till my holiday so I am doin lo carb for 1week for an added boost . Add me if your a low carver or have low carb ideas or success ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just bare in mind that when you start eating more carbs again on holiday next week you might get a bit bloated... Not what I want in my bikini! :wink:
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How low do you want to go? lol

If it's just a week, you can do just about anything for a week. Cut out bread, cereal, white potatoes, rice and dairy. And of course, sugar! If you are eating a prepared meat or other food, check to make sure there is no SUGAR in the ingredients list. It may be negligible, say in a salsa, to where the macros label reads 0g carb, but then you look and there's sugar right in it. Your body will know. Some people then go as far as eliminating all fruit (which I generally don't) but steer away from high-glycemic ones like grapes, and skip high glycemic veggies like carrots and corn.

So what DO you eat? Protein and green veggies. Breakfast could include a shake, as long as you check the label and/or look for a low-carb protein powder. Eggs and meat are good choices, and I generally have a side of sliced tomato instead of toast. Salsa (with no sugar) or hot sauce is good, but skip the cheese. Fats and oils are your friend. They will help you feel fuller, just make sure you also LOG the fats as best you can.

Quick snack on lunch meat (watch for sugar), hardboiled eggs, jerky; lunch on salads with salmon/tuna/chicken and avocado and lemon/lime juice (with or without olive oil) for dressing, or leftover dinner bits of steak, chicken etc. if you cook extra the night before. I will also basically just have a green apple a day, but that's up to you. Some source of fiber IS important, like a daily psyllium swoosh with water. Nuts are good too, but weigh portions because calories can go out of whack fast.

Finally, I adjusted my macros under the custom calories accordingly, so that the nutrition goals on my phone match up with what I'm actually trying to eat. So for me every day, I have carbs at 25, fat at 45, and protein at 30. You could try to go lower since it's short term like 20 carb, but then it may be easier to get 50 fat and 30 protein than 45/35. Anywhere around there should be good.

Good luck!