Garmin Vivofit Syncing/Editing

Options
Hello! I have a Garmin Vivofit and, when it syncs with MFP after my workouts, it always shows up as "burned X# of calories with walking, 2mph." I'm sure nobody thinks that I've burned 800 calories doing 70 minutes of walking. These workouts are cardio + strength! LOL I'd like my workouts to be accurate on MFP but only seem to be able to change the name of the workout with Garmin. Do any of you know if there is a way to change the name/type of workout without deleting it entirely and re-entering it?

Replies

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    i add the work outs to myfitnesspal rather than vivofit unless I'm doing something with the hrm
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I use the HRM and that's what shows up as 2 mph walking. :-/
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    ahh well you could either still enter it in mfp manually, or not worry about it
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I'm having the same issues.....grrrrrr!! I've had my vivofit for a week and when I go for a walk, MFP enters the info from Garmin Connect as "aerobics"...wtf?!?!?
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me. I've had mine for less than a week. But not only is it not showing the correct name for the exercise it's barely giving me any credit (using the hrm with it). Are you having that issue as well? For a work out I normally would get about 150 calorie burn on my Polar HRM i'm getting literally just a few calories with the Garmin one. Annoying!! Anyone know what the deal is with this? Maybe someone knows who can help us few out.
  • KSH120
    KSH120 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same issue here! I do a morning bootcamp class and it says I walked for 2.0 mph... Annoying because MFP friends probably think I'm full of crap for the amount of calories it says I burned. The only thing I can guess is that I'm probably only taking enough "steps" to account for 2.0mph walking and that is why it is saying it. I really wish I could edit it in MFP....