Half way there!

Options
Hue_Hercle
Hue_Hercle Posts: 20 Member
Hello! My success story is happy and sad at the same time. (no pictures by the way) On January 1, 2014, I was visiting family and we were all making New Years Resolutions. I never told anyone but I told myself I was going to lose 50 pounds. At that time I was at my heaviest. 214 Pounds. When I arrived home I started a new workout plan and changed my eating habits. I did not give up everything but I was beginning to change myself for the better. I did eventually give up all forms of junk food which helped a ton, and I tried different diets to see which ones would work best for me. Now, on August 30, I am 155 pounds and I am proud that I lost 59 pounds! I am still going and hopefully I can lose even more to get at my prefered weight.

Now here is the sad part. Before summer, I hid my body under baggy, unattractive clothes for a whole 6 months, so no one could tell I was losing weight. Now that school started again, I wore a cute shirt and shorts. I was proud of myself but I did not shove it in anyones face. In fact, I never told anyone I lost weight. People started talking about me behind my back, and I lost many friends within the first day. I felt horrible. They said I was better fat and that I have changed and they dont like that. I am still going to lose more and eventually someone will want to be my friend (everyone has stopped talking to me... oops)

well anyways... there is my story. Sorry about no pictures.... I dont really have any. If anyone has any weightloss tips or any tips in general, feel free to share them because I will definetly appreciate them. :)

Replies

• Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you received such a negative reaction. Maybe people are jealous or unsure of how to react to your confidence? Neither are your problem, but sometimes people feel negatively about themselves when they see other people being successful. Try to stay positive and you will get into a new groove with either new people or the old friends will accept the new you. Great job tho on your loss! Keep it up! :-)
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off, great job on your weight loss, you should be very proud of yourself. Now, onto your friends..the person above is right...they see that your confident and most people can't help that..especially w/ teens or teen/adults ..(females) lots of jealousy. I always go say if you don't except me for who I am whether it be big or small, I don't need you in my life. If your friends aren't going to except and love you and are not proud of you for what you've done, then you really don't need and want them as friends anyway. They are not true friends...glad to find out now..then later when something more serious happens. Give it time, don't feel bad that you lost your weight...that was for you and it was a great thing. You will find friends that will except you for who and what you are..you really only need one.
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! Your story is amazing! If you lost friends because you bettered yourself then honestly they weren't your real friends to begin with. Just stay on the path you are on and eventually you will make friends with other people who appreciate you and are happy for you and the journey you've been on! :smile:
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    First up, your weight loss since Jan 1st is awe-inspiring! Give yourself a huge pat on the back because that is really fantastic. You will be healthier and happier for the rest of your life as a result.

Second, friends really do come and go. You'll find more. Stay true to yourself, be kind, don't take any crap, and new friends will come. Don't worry about that. Your health is super important and getting fit is over the long term the best investment.

Hang in there!!
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    People can be mean, like others have said they're just jealous and if they can't be happy for you then you're better off without them.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best in the future.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Friend's really do come and go. It's sad and disappointing sometimes.
    Just Be the best you; you can be! You've done great so far.
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss, very inspiring.
    Just want to say these people you know are acquaintances. Friends celebrate your victories.
    When I was in high school a long time ago I first lost my weight in what would become a cycle of up and down weight.
    My "friends" reacted in a similar manner, telling me I am different etc (I was happy and self confident was that a threat?) . I didn't recognize their unhealthy treatment of me for what it was back then. Took me many years to see that.
    So I thought I would pass on my story and say good luck.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Be proud of yourself. I believe who you thought were friends really were not. Focus on your life and stay away from negative people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!