Lurker

Options
Hello :) I've been "lurking" on MFP for quite a while...and randomly decided I'd join today.

I'm looking to lose 124 lbs, still. I've lost 49 thus far, but since I didn't register until now...I get to stare at my 0 weight loss profile (which is more than a little discouraging, I must say).

I enjoy reading all the encouraging posts here. I even enjoy reading the ones from those of you feeling fed up (it has let me know more than once that I'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes).

Weight loss is a big thing (no pun intended) to tackle...but I'm starting to feel a little better. I have to admit it's nice to look down and see my feet (it's been a long time since I've been able to see my toes without liftin' my leg up to do so).

I do get frustrated that so many think that 1200 is an umbrella number of minimum calories and works for everyone; it doesn't work for me (tested many times). I'm between 850 and 900 cals. every day and doing great that way....wish I could "fiddle with" MFP on my personal page...because eating as many calories as it says I should...makes me gain rather than lose.

I don't exercise much due to medical issues (not weight-related at all, but the excess weight most certainly isn't helping).
I do wall exercises and those are actually making a bigger difference than I thought (and I can handle those).

Anyway...I look forward to meeting, reading, sharing..and logging those killeries (I call calories, killeries because I was killin' my body prior, by consuming so many of the pesky little things).

Today..is a rough day for me (maybe that's why I finally joined, not sure). I'm really craving a soft-serve vanilla sundae with chocolate syrup and peanuts......aaargh. Must....fight....the...temptation!