Trying hard but not losing ..need to loose 7kls Help?

Options
Hi ,Im trying hard, had a couple of dinners out but mainly sticking to 1200 cals. daily...exercise (swimming) around 4-5 times a week.....have probably lost 1 - 1 1/2 kls in 6 weeks..so Im doing something wrong..help

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    1200 calories always sounds low to me. Are your weight loss goals set to a sustainable level?
    Are you eating back some of your exercise calories?
    How's your sodium level?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The true calroie deficit isnt big enough.

Are you recording everything you eat and is it accurate? Do you weigh what you eat? Think most people will suggest that you are eating more than the suggested 1200 calories but you arent recording it properly. The alternative is that you are eating too low and have your body in starvation mode on 1200 calories.

If you are exercising then are you eating back? Id suggest not eating back for a week and see if that makes any difference.
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I put all my details in MFP and it came up with 1200.PaytraB....maybe I didn't work it out properly..I don't know....and sometimes I eat calories back when I exercise and sometimes I don't.....maybe Im not measuring properly.....999tigger....getting disappointed as I really am trying,Im want to loose my weight by November
    Thanks Guys....
  • chezzac17
    Options
    yes I put to loose a certain amount by certain time sugaraddict43.......maybe I can change it may help and yes I will start to measure everything more accurately....I'm 59 female,5'5'' tall and weigh 76 kls (at the moment) ha changes slightly everyday...and I don't know how to show my diary? thank you for your help
  • chezzac17
    Options
    Hi ...all...I have changed on MFP to loose .50 of a kls a week and now I have 1350 cals a day to eat .....thanks
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's a bit better (nutritionally speaking), Chezzac17.
    Eat back 1/2 (approx.) of your exercise calories to ensure that you are fueling your exercise. Don't eat back all the calories if you are using MFP's exercise calorie counts. They are usually quite high and you'll end up not losing weight.
    Keep your meals nutritious and eat enough healthy fats. Eat enough protein. It'll keep you fuller for longer.
    Weigh everything. I was surprised at how much I was overeating when I started weighing my food. I now have a much better idea of what a "portion" is, thanks to weighing.
    Measuring cups & spoons can be way off and you could be eating more than you think if you use these items. A kitchen scale is your best friend.

Keep up the good work. You can do this.
  • chezzac17
    Options
    ooohh thanks sooooo much PaytraB....that is all is helpful to me...I have bought a measuring cup for liquids & dry stuff...so off I go again and feeling much better about my weight loss journey..

Thanks again...

Regards...
  • kay699
    kay699 Posts: 12
    Options
    yes I put to loose a certain amount by certain time sugaraddict43.......maybe I can change it may help and yes I will start to measure everything more accurately....I'm 59 female,5'5'' tall and weigh 76 kls (at the moment) ha changes slightly everyday...and I don't know how to show my diary? thank you for your help

I am also on a 1200 calorie which is worked out by MFP, to be honest I very hardly go over the calories, but I eat meals when I should and exercise , I am trying to lose 1lb a week , to show your diary you need to go to settings :) keep your chin up you will get there
  • chezzac17
    Options
    thanks so much kay699......I have increased the cals now...and I will take on board as you have said..........would you mind posting a typical day of food maybe to my inbox...? please...it may help me ..if you find it easy to keep to 1200 and I thought I was doing well but apparently not lol......

once again thank you for taking the time to reply to me