Tea drinkers...

Options
I had someone mention a brand of Tea in a recent post called David's Tea (website: https://www.davidstea.com/home-usa). The teas look sooo good, and include some "dessert' teas that have very minimal calories and sugar. I think the ones I saw had only 1 g of sugar per serving. Unfortunately, I don't have any stores near me that sell this particular brand. I am looking for some tea that I can buy in my area that is similar. Do any of you have any ideas for brands that may be sold in more places around the U.S? I am in Nebraska if that helps. If not, I can always have some of this tea shipped, but looking for other ideas first. :) Thanks.

Replies

• SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    Hi there Flat Waterian!

Tea is sort of like wine, you'll have to experiment to find out what you love! If you're looking for a clean tea (one made without GMO's, pesticides, and artificial flavorings) you may want to check out the nationally sold and adapted brand, Numi. You should be able to find Numi Teas at most grocery stores or you can use their store locator at http://www.numitea.com/store-locator/.

If GMO's, pesticides, and artificial flavorings have no bearings on you, many enjoy Teavana's selection of loose leaf teas. Teavana in NE is found here, http://www.teavana.com/retail/united-states/nebraska

In the end, it's really about personal preference. My mother loves Lipton and I can't stand the stuff. To each their own.

Have a great day!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hi there Flat Waterian!

Tea is sort of like wine, you'll have to experiment to find out what you love! If you're looking for a clean tea (one made without GMO's, pesticides, and artificial flavorings) you may want to check out the nationally sold and adapted brand, Numi. You should be able to find Numi Teas at most grocery stores or you can use their store locator at http://www.numitea.com/store-locator/.

If GMO's, pesticides, and artificial flavorings have no bearings on you, many enjoy Teavana's selection of loose leaf teas. Teavana in NE is found here, http://www.teavana.com/retail/united-states/nebraska

In the end, it's really about personal preference. My mother loves Lipton and I can't stand the stuff. To each their own.

Have a great day!

Hi! I am going to check into the Numi Teas. Thank you very much. It looks like they carry them in our local Open Harvest store, which is just about a mile from where I live. Thanks so much for the suggestion...and I am with you on the Lipton tea. Not really a fan of it. :)
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    No problem, I hope that you enjoy them!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I get most of my teas from Upton teas. I know others who like Adagio Teas. Teavana is also a great place. Their stores are in malls but they also do mail order if there isn't one close to you.

http://www.uptontea.com

http://www.adagio.com

http://www.teavana.com
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    David's are really over-priced for the quality of the product. It's more of a situation where they are marketing an image. Upton has a much better selection, and their teas are of better quality and much more affordable than David's. The biggest difference, I think, is that I've never seen an Upton Tea store. I don't think they do brick and mortar whereas David's are all over the place.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I get my teas from Amazon they had every thing for tea.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    David's are really over-priced for the quality of the product. It's more of a situation where they are marketing an image. Upton has a much better selection, and their teas are of better quality and much more affordable than David's. The biggest difference, I think, is that I've never seen an Upton Tea store. I don't think they do brick and mortar whereas David's are all over the place.

You are right. They have no stores. I don't think that they even have a tea shop in Mass. where they are located.

You have to kind of know what you like, but they do great samplers and I have ordered sample sizes of many teas.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options

You are right. They have no stores. I don't think that they even have a tea shop in Mass. where they are located.

You have to kind of know what you like, but they do great samplers and I have ordered sample sizes of many teas.

Their Vanilla Creme Earl Grey is almost fetish worthy.
  • earlnabby
    Options

Their Vanilla Creme Earl Grey is almost fetish worthy.

Haven't tried it yet. I still have a little of my Teavana Earl Grey Creme left so I will have to add that one to my wishlist for when I am out.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    While we are on the subject of tea, what do you brew yours in? I am partial to Yixing teapots.

My little collection:
    a89d8d1e-f5ba-4aa2-8d67-858ffe17f88b_zps417c0661.jpg
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink hot tea with no sugar: My top 3

Numi's Jasmine Green tea is great.
    Twinings Ultra Spice Chai is awesome (even better with a bit of sugar).
    Teavana Kona Berry Pop is great (contains rock sugar)
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love tea. I have found, as I get older, that Lipton doesn't do it for me any more. I like teavana because you can make your own blends. Just be careful, I tried a chai blend they had made and wanted to get it. The one type of chai was over $100/lb, ouch! However, other teas were reasonably priced :). I just think it's fun to blend flavors and I like the ability to control the strength of my tea especially now that I'm not allowed to have much sugar.

I love the teapot collection, wonderful :)
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I love tea. I have found, as I get older, that Lipton doesn't do it for me any more. I like teavana because you can make your own blends. Just be careful, I tried a chai blend they had made and wanted to get it. The one type of chai was over $100/lb, ouch! However, other teas were reasonably priced :). I just think it's fun to blend flavors and I like the ability to control the strength of my tea especially now that I'm not allowed to have much sugar.

I love the teapot collection, wonderful :)

Thanks. I do use them all. With Yixing, it is recommended that you use the same pot for each type of tea so I have one each for black, oolong, green, and white plus one each I use for jasmine and earl grey creme. A couple are not dedicated yet.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize you were supposed to do that! It makes sense though. Now I want to go tea (and teapot) shopping :)
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I didn't realize you were supposed to do that! It makes sense though. Now I want to go tea (and teapot) shopping :)

It is because the Yixing are not glazed so they retain the flavor of the tea. It is not necessary with glazed pots.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've had luck with some Numi tea, especially the chocolate ones. I also second Tevana and Adagio. But for everyday I do buy store brands or Stash. I've never had any issues.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    While we are on the subject of tea, what do you brew yours in? I am partial to Yixing teapots.

My little collection:
    a89d8d1e-f5ba-4aa2-8d67-858ffe17f88b_zps417c0661.jpg

I love it!