Counting calories forever

Options
1235»

Replies

• RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I never intend to stop counting. When I count I make my goals fairly easily. When I stop counting, the calorie consumption tends to creep up just enough that I start gaining weight back. If it is not hard to keep doing it, why stop?
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I'm kind of sick and tired of it... But I think that's also because I like to be super accurate, while at the same time, I'd be mortified if anyone found out I weigh my food.... So it's does make things difficult. Once I reach my goal, which is soon, I think I'll be VERY relaxed about logging, I won't weigh food, maybe I'll even only log the calorie-dense items...

I will weigh myself every day, though, so if I see myself slipping, I know what to do!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone needs to count calories forever. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from it every now and then. Use the break to reevaluate your goals or set new ones for yourself.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I may take a weekend off here and there, but I need MFP to keep myself in check. I am super close to my goal and WHEN I reach it I know that I must continue to log my calories.