Finding accurate TDEE? Help!

Options
So my cut has been quite successful eating 2100 calories a day with cardio daily. I haven't found my exact TDEE though because I've never kept exact track of how much I was losing per week. (Though it was about a pound maybe more) This week starting monday I'm going to eat 2100 calories everyday and weigh myself in the beginning and at the end to find out how much I lost. How exactly do I do the math though to find my TDEE? I've used calculators online to help me come up with a rough number but now they're so different to me.

P.S. i'm wanting to figure this number out since I'll be gaining weight soon

Replies

• mrsroddy28
    Options
    Scooby workshop is the best in my opinion!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Average Calories eaten per day - 3500 * weight lost / number of days = observed TDEE

Or you can use the link in my profile for the excel sheet that does it for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just bump it up a couple hundred calories per day for a week...then a couple hundred ore the next week, etc until you find that you are more or less maintaining. Given natural weight fluctuations, you'd need more than a week of tracking to truly find an average loss given that it's just not linear. Keep in mind also that you will never weigh exactly XXX Lbs...maintenance is a range, not a singular number.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just bump it up a couple hundred calories per day for a week...then a couple hundred ore the next week, etc until you find that you are more or less maintaining. Given natural weight fluctuations, you'd need more than a week of tracking to truly find an average loss given that it's just not linear. Keep in mind also that you will never weigh exactly XXX Lbs...maintenance is a range, not a singular number.

I agree, this worked for me. I upped my calories by 100-200 every two weeks until I found a number I am confortable with. I've been maitaining for three months and even though I could probably increase my calories up a bit I find that the number I am in is perfect for the amount of food I want to eat with the amount I am currently burning.