Cellucor HD- thoughts?

Options
Hi! I am about to order the Cellucor Super HD. It is a thermogenic and is supposed to help when working out and burning fat. I do not believe in taking diet pills, but I have had many colleagues tell me that this helps them train well and long.
Have you tried it?
Thoughts?

Replies

• choosing_fitness
    Options
    bump*
  • samuka1
    samuka1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm interested to know what your experience has been with it.
    I purchased C4 -- the pre-workout and it gives a nice little boost of energy. I'm not big on weightloss pills either and I've been told the Super hd enhances training.

How's your experience so far?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Fat burners work in two ways. The way we want them to work, and the way the company touts them as working, is that they increase your metabolic rate and therefore you burn more calories per day. Companies usually greatly overstate how much these pills increase your metabolism and how long they are effective. If your BMR is 2500 calories and these pills raise your metabolic rate 10% (it's much less then this in reality) for 12 hours, then you should theoretically burned and extra 125 calories. Congrats, those expensive pills saved you a banana's worth of calories! Now these numbers were all made up, and a 10% boost to metabolism is a HUGE exaggeration of what a typical user could expect.

The other way fat burners work, and why some people see results from them, is that they blunt your appetite and potentially give you more energy to exercise. Most fat burners are loaded with stimulants, stimulants tend to make you less hungry and provide energy. Eat less move more is always the key to weight loss so if they cause you to eat less and move more, then they will work. But if you ate less and moved more without the pills, the results would be similar.

Like all stimulants, you build up tolerance. Eventually the pills stop providing energy and stop blunting appetite. Too me, the cost of the pills and the fact that they will lose their effect somewhat quickly make them a no buy for me. Also, if you are even the least bit stimulant sensitive, then you should totally avoid them. Remember, if a pill existed that really caused long term weight loss to occur, and really "worked" it would be prescription and it would cost a small fortune. There is no magic pill.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    "Thermogenics is an increased production of heat in your body, usually accomplished by taking supplements. According to the Food and Drug Administration and many medical professionals, achieving thermogenesis through supplementation is not safe. You can also achieve thermogenesis through diet-induced thermogenesis, exercise-associated thermogenesis and non-exercise-associated thermogenesis. You should speak with a medical professional before using any thermogenic supplements."
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options
    I have not and I will not.

I choose to keep my money in my wallet where it belongs.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the ads for all of these type products. They always have some disclaimer at the bottom like "results when used with appropriate diet and exercise".

Translation: They don't do much and all the results were achieved with diet and exercise.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and to be perfectly honest, the only way I feel it effect me is right away when the caffeine kicks in and I feel the surge of energy. I have been losing weight again, but I'm not sure how much the HD has had to do with it. I've also adjusted my calories and actually starting sticking to my macros, along with my current exercise plan.
    As far as the suppressing your appetite and becoming more focused in your workouts...I don't think it's done either of these things for me. C4 works a lot better helping you focus. I didn't get the beta itches from the C4 like I have other preworkouts either.

The first week I was taking it was kind of rough. I usually have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, but pairing it with the HD made me feel pretty sick. I only have 1 cup now, tea, or decaf and I feel just fine.

I'm glad I tried it, but I don't think I'm going to keep buying it after my current supply runs out.
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I took Cellucor HD for a month and honestly I didn't have any extra results from them. I lost weight while taking them at the same rate i was before I started taking them. I wouldn't waste your money on them if I were you.