Why do you love/hate running?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I WANT to love running! but it hurts. It hurts my legs on the outer thigh. I have tried having people watch me run to see if I am running in bad form, I have tried all sorts of different running shoes, I have tried running on treadmills, running on tracks, running on grass, but it still always hurts too much to run much more than 3-5 mins at a time. So I run for 1-2 mins and walk 1-2 mins, but I dream of being able to just run :(
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Even though I can't go the greatest distances, I still love it.

I used to go early morning running (around 06:00) but that's not really an option, so instead I go at around 8pm where it's quite dark... I love it.It's relaxing; jogging at a steady pace with music on is just relaxing.

It's something that I hope to continue with in the future.

The only thing I hate about it is my recurring shin splints! :laugh:
  • bvontur
    bvontur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I loathe every step I take when I go running. The deep laborious breaths, the boredom or (and this is the worst) the knowledge that my muscles are being tapped and weakened. I like sports and while the cardiovascular endurance is helpful, it's not worth the loss of explosive strength.

I'd rather be a muscle car getting five miles a gallon to a prius getting 50mpg.

I do like the time alone though. I do like the wind. I do like the adventure of it. And I admire people who do do it.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I love first 30 minutes of my runs. It's fun, it's relaxing and I can be alone with my thoughts. But after 30 min mark it just gets more boring and boring. When I do long runs I have to listen to some music or audio books cos it's boring as hell.

I find that if I limit my session to 30 minutes then I get frustrated that it's not long enough. I find the first 10-15 minutes are difficult, to loosen up and get into the swing of it. Once I'm on the move the rhythm of the pace takes over, very therapeutic and quite meditative given the focus on the pace and the breath. I find I prefer trail runs to road runs, they're more challenging, particularly to get a good pace on.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love running, because, like walking, it gives me time to think about things. I can put my headphones on and tune out the world while burning calories.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The only thing I hate about it is my recurring shin splints! :laugh:

I can definitely relate! That and my knees, they keep acting up on me :grumble:
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I hate everything about running. It hurts my head, it hurts my lungs, it hurts my legs. I don't think I could hate it anymore than what I do!

Give me a mountain bike and a trail any day!
  • ccather
    ccather Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One word: Boobs. Mine are 36 D. I have tried every "jog bra" on the market and it still hurts the twins. In bootcamp when we have to run laps, I just fast walk.

I'm a 38 F and I run and do boot camp. I have Enell bras. Love them! They strap it all down so I can go!! Expensive but I'm worth it ;)
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love: its very soothing to run. I feel like I outpace all the stressors in my life.
    Hate: I have some pretty bad joint issues and im basically crippled after a run, be it on pavement or grass.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Love it because: it's good for my heart, I trail run so the scenery is stunning.
    Hate it because: I get bored. I don't actually like to feeling of running.