Stupid Weekends!!

Options
Is anyone in the same boat as me?
With Chrismas so close my weekends are full of parties :( I decided to not count calories and have a fun filled long weekend.
my out of town work party was last Friday and my husbands was on Saturday night, of course we were hung over on Sunday and what goes hand and hand with a hangover???? greasy food :(
My weekend included McDonalds, lots of wine, deep fried food, poutine, pop, then we went to the movies so I had a buttered popcorn!!! When i weighed in Monday morning I was up 3.6lbs!!!! no surprise to me...but, I worked my *kitten* of this week going to the gym every single night and counting my calories, making sure not to go over. This morning I was down 4lbs... but really only .4 from my last weight in.
So, should I be happy that I was able to get rid of the 3.6lbs I was up from the weekend and another .4 OR do I be mad that I only lost .4 LOL......
I can't wait until the holidays are over, I really have no willpower :(

Replies

• christydufrene78
    Options
    I agree with you so much. Same here for me I have been indulging in food with all these parties and etc. I really need to stay focused. I have no will power right now. i will hit the gym hard today and through Christmas. I have came to far to let it go. Thanks for the post dont feel like the only one.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    sure makes it tough :(
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    well if you enjoyed yourself be glad? you still had a good time, and lost .4.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    With Chrismas so close my weekends are full of parties :( I decided to not count calories and have a fun filled long weekend.
    my out of town work party was last Friday and my husbands was on Saturday night, of course we were hung over on Sunday and what goes hand and hand with a hangover???? greasy food :(
    My weekend included McDonalds, lots of wine, deep fried food, poutine, pop, then we went to the movies so I had a buttered popcorn!!! When i weighed in Monday morning I was up 3.6lbs!!!! no surprise to me...but, I worked my *kitten* of this week going to the gym every single night and counting my calories, making sure not to go over. This morning I was down 4lbs... but really only .4 from my last weight in.
    So, should I be happy that I was able to get rid of the 3.6lbs I was up from the weekend and another .4 OR do I be mad that I only lost .4 LOL......
    How bad do you want this? You can tweak a few things and still get the parties in Hon:tongue: What if you were to skip the McDonalds and watch the movie treats closer but enjoy the movie, have some fun at the parties socializing and be conscience of the party foods.

So often it's easy to simply munch on food at parties, gathering without being aware of how much we've indulged until it's scale time or we wake up feeling like crap and beat ourselves up.:frown:

Just tossing out some ideas that might help?:flowerforyou:
  • kaymac
    kaymac Posts: 10
    Options
    I am very much in the same boat as you are. From November 24th all the way through December 31st I knew I would be in a lot of situations that would make it hard to stick to my plan. Anniversary, my birthday, Christmas parties, baking for the holidays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve are all situations I was faced with or will be faced with. My whole thinking is to allow yourself to indulge but to keep up with the workouts. I think if you gain it will be so much easier to take it off with a few days of watching your calories and exercising. You have to allow yourself to indulge or you will resent that you couldn't have fun at this time of the year.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Im trying too... well Im trying to plan for what I am going to eat, Plan if Im going to drink too much (plan right?) and plan to excersize a whole bunch b4 any of these things happen!
    Im not going to get down on myself If I can just maintain or gain a bit, hopefully I can lose it pretty readily when I get back on the horse full force!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I share your pain wholeheartedly!!

It's hard to eat well when there are so many treats on offer - and not enough hours in the day to do everything essential to both work and play, never mind exercise too!!

Personally, I have decided just to drop into maintenence from Nov - Feb, with my work schedule and all the festivities, I would be constantly beating myself up otherwise!

I think the fact that we're all still logging on shows that we are conscious of our decisions and not going to "drop off the wagon" entirely, so if you have a rough time - just put it behind you and move on once your schedule returns to normal!

Good luck - and Merry Christmas!! :happy:
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think we are all in the same boat...it is a hard time of year. My biggest problem on the weekends is taking in enough water....seems so much harder to do when you are running around all day!! I have had a couple of holiday luncheons so far...I try to have a HUGE glass of water before or some almonds or something to "curb" my hunger...that way I won't pig out. LOL Usually, there are enough healthy choices to where I can still have a variety and not feel deprived. I choose a bite or two of something yummy and bad instead of a whole serving or two. LOL

Hang in there, everyone!! Don't be hard on yourselves if you have a bad day....every day is a new chance to do it right!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I think part of the key is to not deprive yourself totally but have smaller portions & make better choices when you want treats. Ask yourself:

Do I need 3 glasses of wine or will slowly sipping 1 satisfy the need?
    At McD's - what if I get the grilled chicken sandwich and small fry instead of the big mac & large fry?
    How about we get a small popcorn and share?

Hopefully that way you can minimize the damage and maintain instead of going up.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    all it takes is one bad meal to get the ball rolling, doesn't it. I'm sure a lot of that gain was from sodium but I do know the buttered popcorn is some bad stuff!

The holidays are almost over so hang in there.

Exercise as much as you can and drink lots of water to counteract all the sodium. And enjoy the holidays!
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know holidays are horrible.
    I'm stil trying to fix the damage I've done the past four days...
    Even though I havent really gone over my calorie limit.. I havent been working out as much as I should though
  • jenifer4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!!
    my goal is 2lbs a week, and I have exactly 15 weeks until our trip south and I need to be bikini ready.
    I really want to lose 30lbs, I can do this!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love all this advice.

I have been contemplating driving my treadmill with me to California.

LOL

Same here Jenifer, the weekends I am doomed.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    How bad do you want this? You can tweak a few things and still get the parties in Hon:tongue: What if you were to skip the McDonalds and watch the movie treats closer but enjoy the movie, have some fun at the parties socializing and be conscience of the party foods.

So often it's easy to simply munch on food at parties, gathering without being aware of how much we've indulged until it's scale time or we wake up feeling like crap and beat ourselves up.:frown:

Just tossing out some ideas that might help?:flowerforyou:

^This is great advice.

Also, holiday parties/weekend outings don't have to break your well laid plans. I know it helps me to eat a small meal before going to parties where I know there will be less healthy foods available en masse. And when I get there, I take stock of what's available and only eat the foods that I actually enjoy.

I don't know if any of you guys have to deal with pushy family members that insist that you take seconds or try everything, but it helps me to not give into just eating what ever is in front of my face if I choose a few things to enjoy once a meal starts. IDK, I seem to enjoy the special holiday treats more if I eat them sparingly.

I aslo try and limit my alcohol consumption to one drink per outing. I have such a hard time not going overboard if I've imbibed too much.

The holidays are great time to enjoy all the festive foods, but it's also important not to focus just on what we eat. Enjoy the sights sounds and the time with your loved ones.