Anyone looking to lose 2lbs a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is pretty high and high paces can only be kept up if you have a LOT to lose.

I lost fast in the beginning but it slowed down the closer I got to my goal. That happens pretty much to everyone.. The last pounds are insanely hard to get rid of! I have been at it for months now and it is excruciatingly slooooooooooooooooooooow!
  • littlezhy
    Options
    hi, i am just new in here.

i just want to ask a few questions.

i am 162lbs, 5'4..

i want to lose 2lbs/week.. i consume 1200 calories a day. i exercise at morning like badminton,pumpings,walking just for 1 hour. then at night i do 30 minute cardio.

as i was reading post, i read that you should have increased your calorie intake?
    actually i dont really understand much of what you are talking about,can you please help me?
    i want my lifestyle to be really changed

thanks a lot!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 2lbs a week to lose 30lbs by April!....
    No you don't. You need to lose 1.5 pounds a week to lose 30 pounds by April.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I don't think its entirely healthy or productive to say "I want to lose X pounds by X date". The reason is that each of our bodies go through different phases during the journey. Sometimes our bodies will give up the weight and other times, even doing the same things, it won't give up the weight and you might have to do something to trick the body to fire it up again. If you focus on losing X amount by X date and you start off slow or have a bad week or two, its more likely that you get frustrated and your motivation wanes.

my recommendation is focus on eating better and exercising on a daily basis so that you can work towards being healthy and fit. If you do this everyday, the weight will eventually come off...even if its not by X date. I think its easier to stay motivated if you focus on the advantages of a healthier lifestyle than simply on weight loss.