Mini Stepper Workout

My friend has given me her mini stepper, I hope to use it daily. However when I checked on MFP there is no such exercise! Is there anyone else that has one? If so how do you input your exercise on here?

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I use my mini-stepper a couple times per week. There are some YouTube videos from a DVD someone has ripped and uploaded. However, there is a loud Spanish voiceover over them. I've taken those videos and put my own music to them and workout to that.

Also I use it while watching a TV show or I will talk on the phone while using it. For me it can get boring just using it while just listening to music.

I use my heart rate monitor to estimate my calorie burn.
  • WisteriaLady
    WisteriaLady Posts: 28 Member
    I plan to use it later while watching tv. Its a reebok rem-g7580 mini stepper, I just wasnt sure how to input it on MFP. Do I put it down as walking, climbing stairs etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I plan to use it later while watching tv. Its a reebok rem-g7580 mini stepper, I just wasnt sure how to input it on MFP. Do I put it down as walking, climbing stairs etc.

MFP is very generous for calorie burns already....so definitely don't use climbing stairs, that would be way over. se walking. Does your stepper have a pedometer built in? You could convert steps to miles.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    My friend has given me her mini stepper, I hope to use it daily. However when I checked on MFP there is no such exercise! Is there anyone else that has one? If so how do you input your exercise on here?
    I wish I could use a stepper, or even the stair stepper machine at the gym, but they KILL my knees.

MFP does have a lot of exercise entries, and it really overestimates calories burned, so be careful with how many calories you eat back. A properly calibrated heart rate monitor is usually best for estimating (and, all the numbers, no matter what method you use, are estimates only) calories burned, but for steady state cardio only.

Will what you do with the step be steady state cardio, meaning you'll keep your heart rate up there for at least 20 minutes, possibly more?
  • WisteriaLady
    WisteriaLady Posts: 28 Member
    I only eat back 40-50% of the calories burned, sometimes I dont at all. Ive been trying to get out walking everyday but not always able to due to my husbands work hours and other personal things. The stepper does have a monitor but its not working at the minute :cry: .