JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (May 19-25)

Options
Kistinbee said she was super busy last week, so I thought I would start this week's post. However, I did not weigh in this morning because I went to a Chili-Cook Off yesterday and probably consumed a weeks worth of salt. :tongue: I will check in with the weight tomorrow.

On a good note, I am still losing inches (well, 1/4 and 1/2 inches at this point). My first week using gym machines went well and produced much soreness! I didn't have time for the spin class but am excited about trying it this week. I almost bought a road bike on Sat, but decided to wait for a better sale.

On an even better note, I finally bought 2 new things that actually fit. I started this at a tight size 14. The skirt I got was a size 8 and the shorts were a size 10. I can definitely live with that!!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and had the chance to get outside (if it was nice). Keep up the good work!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Kistinbee said she was super busy last week, so I thought I would start this week's post. However, I did not weigh in this morning because I went to a Chili-Cook Off yesterday and probably consumed a weeks worth of salt. :tongue: I will check in with the weight tomorrow.

On a good note, I am still losing inches (well, 1/4 and 1/2 inches at this point). My first week using gym machines went well and produced much soreness! I didn't have time for the spin class but am excited about trying it this week. I almost bought a road bike on Sat, but decided to wait for a better sale.

On an even better note, I finally bought 2 new things that actually fit. I started this at a tight size 14. The skirt I got was a size 8 and the shorts were a size 10. I can definitely live with that!!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and had the chance to get outside (if it was nice). Keep up the good work!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Its getting late and im tired (i worked myself pretty hard at the gym today) so im coping some of what i posted elsewhere earlier.

I gained 2lbs Of lean muscle mass this week . While my overall weight went up by 2lbs my body fat fell by another 1% point. oh and i made some size gains as well

I started my new supplement cycle last week will see what happens this week and maybe i will have to drop my cals just a little ( with exercise i generally eat over 3000 cals per day)

I have decided to lower my cals by 400 per day due to the cals in my vitamins and other supplements that i dont account for. ( 4 omega 3 6 9 gels are 100 cals)

Started weight loss Jan @ 268
    Last week 243 and 19% body fat
    This week 245 and 18% body fat.

Over all not a bad week.
  • lovemuffins
    lovemuffins Posts: 91
    Options
    I had a really good week... after not losing much at all last month. :grumble:
    Here are my stats:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last week: 160.6 lbs
    Today: 158.6 lbs :happy:

Total loss for week: -2 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: -23.4 lbs (Only 8.6 lbs to go to reach my July Goal:bigsmile:)
    Total loss for MFP: -31.4 lbs (Only 18.6 lbs to reach my overall goal :ohwell: )

Awesome Job lizard and chief!!! Hope you guys have a great week this week!

Good luck to everyone else!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Texas_Candy
    Texas_Candy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, let's get this started. I had a terrible weekend with non stop chocolate munchies. It was so stinkin hot outside the kids and I stayed in all weekend and did nothing but eat. But today is a new day and a new week. I haven't lost any weight in two weeks but I'm noticing I'm building mucsle mass. I actually have a tiny bicep popping up:smile: My thighs are tightening up. I'm happy. I just bought a home gym this weekend to help me along my journey. So here I go:

Starting weight: 184
    Current weight: 171
    July 4th Challenge: 160
    Goal weight: 140-145
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    Options
    hi
    strat wt 184
    now wt 179
    july wt 175
    goal wt165

have a good week
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    ok my goal is to be 199
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I was still getting over a cold last week, but I think it may have helped shake the weight loss tree, so to speak, because I lost almost 3 pounds. :happy: Congrats to liz, rookie, chief, and candy for your success as well! I am starting to feel pretty good about hitting my (revised) July goal - and we just made our flight plans so I guess we are definitely going! :laugh:

Start of MFP: 210
    Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (5/13): 176.6
    Current weight: 173.8
    July Goal: 165

18090.png
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this post again! Another busy week for me! But I have been getting to the gym regularly. And I did see a small loss even after a weekend without exercise and eating some munchie food at graduation parties. So...here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov. 07)--184 pounds
    New Years (Jan.08)--174 pounds
    Before vaca (Mar.08)--162 pounds
    After vaca (April.08)--173 pounds :explode:
    Last week (May 12th)--172 pounds
    This morning (May20th)--171 pounds :bigsmile:

SO...although I am still SO mad about the gain I allowed myself to see, I am happy with this weeks 1 pound loss. I think my body is still in shock that I am working out regularly again and the loss will increase and I continue. I just wish I could become addicted again like I was before vacation. I don't know what happened. But I do have some motivation...it's still like a year away, but my sister and I are going to run a marathon...so I definetely have a reason to get in shape. If only I could get back to the 135 pounds that I was at before I got married a year ago...

GOOD LUCK FELLOW CHALLENGERS! ONLY 1 MORE MONTH!

*Kistinbee*
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ok, I weighed in this morning after giving my body a break yesterday and the results are in...

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 150 *mostly water gain I think
    Today - 146

My original goal was 140, then 138, and now I am thinking of changing it back to 140. Size wise I think I am actually about the same, or even one size smaller than 5 years ago when I started the weight gain. The 6 lbs extra right now is most likely new muscle and I am starting to think that I should just focus on toning up and not worry about weight so much. I'm pretty happy with "me" right now, and my better half can't keep his hands off me!:love:

The next month is going to be interesting. I have the in-laws this weekend, and that means more food than usual and not as much exercise. Then the first 2 weeks of June I will be at a training center for work with an all you can eat buffet and a very popular bar:drinker: . Luckily there is also a nice gym that no one ever uses... I also start with my personal trainer this week so she should give me some great toning exercises.

Hope everyone has a great week! Keep on truckin....:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good for you Lizard! You're doing GREAT! I had originally had a goal of 140 to hit by July for my one year wedding anniversary. But...with the drawbacks I've had, I'm needing to do some serious evaluating. (Which sucks). But I will think it over and may have a different goal for July. And I won't hit my actual "goal weight" by then. SUCKS! Oh well. I am improving and that's all that matters! :wink:

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well, my roller coaster of "back on track" then "back off track" seems to continue. I did really great last week, worked out every day, stayed away from bad food and get alcohol out of my diet...

Then the weekend hit....

We had a big fundraiser party at our house on saturday and I ate way too much bad food and had way too many martinis.

Then the badness continued into the beginning of the week... I was really good all day yesterday and then I got home and just blew it... I entered my calories in this morning for dinner and after dinner last night and OMG... from when I got home, to when I went to bed I consumed 1,800 calories:noway:
    That's more than I'm supposed to eat in a whole day! But I'm glad I entered them and it was a good wake-up call for me. Really made me make sure to get my workout in today even though I had to sneak out of the office around 2:00 to do it.

Anyway, well after my good week last week I was back down to 212, which was still up from my low 209, but much better than my 219 I had jumped up to after my month of not really caring. Well, I weighed myself today and it said 215:frown:

but I am still working on recommiting myself and I have an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow so I'm hoping that will re-energize me. I think I've found a new mantra that might help. Every time I think about putting something I know I shouldn't in my mouth or not working out, I'm going to ask myself the question.

"Do you want to stay overweight your whole life?" and the answer will be no.

I was watching a TV show the other day talking about obesity and being overweight and they said something about how much it effects your psyche to have failed at something for most of your life...

I don't want to keep failing
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Jess! :flowerforyou: The important thing is NOT TO GIVE UP. You can do this!

Another thing I've found that helps is to ask myself, "How will you feel in an hour if you do this?" It works for both food that I shouldn't eat, and working out that I should do. Usually, the food isn't worth the guilt and depression I will feel for having sabotaged myself. And usually, the pride after exercising is better than the "I'm just a worthless lump" feeling that I get if I don't work out.

But, I should note - sometimes the treats ARE worth it. You don't want to feel like a deprived martyr for the rest of your life, either! For example - my birthday is tomorrow, and my husband took me away for a day of relaxing, staying at a B&B, and doing some winery/brewery tours. I had dessert last night and (obviously) a bit of alcohol today. :drinker: It was totally worth it!!!! These are the treats that I want - not that stupid Snickers bar or some store-bought birthday cake that they got at work. And I'm not working out tonight, because I don't want to undo the relaxing effects of the massage I had this morning. But I know that I allowed myself these treats for self-affirming reasons ("I am worth it") - not self-sabotaging ones ("Why bother? I'm not worth it").