Low cal brunch ideas? Going out to brunch and need help!

Options
My eating out anxiety continues...

Need ideas for lower cal options? What should I order?

Thx!

Jean

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    brunch is a combo of 2 meals, why does it need to be low cal?

even if someone is only eat 1200 calories, that means their brunch can be 800 calories which is still a respectable brunch with eggs bacon pancakes mimosas, etc
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    mmmm mimosas.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself and choose items that you like but not way over the top with calories and if something is that you really want just take a bite or two. It's just one day. :)
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry: large egg white omelet with lots of spinach and a little feta, dry wheat toast (butter on the side), fruit cup (heavy on watermellon and strawberries), lots of coffee.

If you just want a treat: a pastry and a coffee.

Should be able to bring in either under 500 cals easy. Have fun!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    A lot of brunch places will let you order eggs and such individually. Try asking for a couple of basted, hard boiled, poached (or an otherwise oil free cooking method) of eggs. You can get it with toast if you want, or fresh fruit and veggies. I actually find brunch places are some of the most flexible ones for ordering exactly what you want!

I've also ordered beef dips (no cheese or onion) with fresh veggies.

Building your own omelet is also a good option.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Two fried eggs, two pieces of bacon and a slice of toast is well under 500 calories. Add some fruit!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas :-). I'll let you know what I choose - and YUM to mimosa :smile: