LapBand

Options
Did anyone here happen to get the LapBand surgery or hear anything about it.. I been seeing commercials for it and im just curious about it....

Replies

• Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Did anyone here happen to get the LapBand surgery or hear anything about it.. I been seeing commercials for it and im just curious about it....
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have 2 friends both had it. AMAZING RESULTS!!!!!
    But VERY DIFFERENT!
    It depends on what you do.
    More to come.
    ---Diann...
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    http://womenshealth.about.com/od/fitnessandhealth/a/weightlosssurg_2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjustable_gastric_band

http://www.lapband.us/lap-band.html

It is a slower weight loss than some of the other surgeries and you will also have to have it adjusted alot. There are some sites there where you can read the in's and out's of it all.
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks im gunna check into it. :-)
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Before I start... Please forgive spelling error.
    As I said before I have 2 friends that have gone through this...
    Both have different results but RESULTS none the less!
    The first friend that got the Lap band had it ALMOST 2 years ago. she has lost in that 2 year time about 80-85 pounds.
    The 2nd friend had it in Sept, and has lost a bit less then that 73 pounds to date.
    Both started at the same weight and about the same height.
    The reason that the results are so different, Other then Being different people,
    is how each girl handled it.
    Friend #1 as soon as she was on solid food after the first week tried to eat pizza. Well THAT is NOT a good idea! White bread is one of the things that you might have to give up. NOT MUCH ELSE HOWEVER!!!
    The reason is explained simply enough. Take a piece of Wonder bread and ball it up in your hand. It turns into a thick hard marble of dough. THIS is NOT going to pass through the area that the lab band is, Which is after the first tightning is about the size of a half dollar.
    Friend #1 also did not move much. She did not LIKE to work out, she did not LIKE to go to a gym, she did not LIKE to lift weights and even though I tried it was not until a week ago Sunday that I FINNELY got her to use hand weights. :ohwell:
    Then there was friend #2 After watching friend one go through it She decided that she would hit the ground running. LITTERLY!
    I come to her house 2 times a week and we work out together AND she goes to the gym 4 times a week on top of that.
    She also listened to the bread thing and even though she LOVES Pizza if she wants it, she takes all the good stuff off the top and that is what she will eat. But this is a VERY RARE THING!
    Food needs to be more Oh how to put this??.....WET then normal to break down better. Your Dr. should have ideas for you and there are groups that help teach you how to cook for your new lap band. BTW THAT is a FUN group to go to! Informative and GREAT FOOD!
    If the Dr in your area that does this has a Pre talk, GO! take members of your family and friends, learn about this thing It is VERY interesting.
    E-me if you want more info.
    I will be glad to email you back and I will have them e-mail you also if you want.
    BTW... NO, YOU WILL NOT BE LIVING ON JELLO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
    --Diann...
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I thought a Lapband was something that they did down in the Champaigne room at 'Full Moons' ...

My mistake....

*'Full Moons' may not exist...but it would be a hilarious name for a strip club....That is all.*
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I thought a Lapband was something that they did down in the Champaigne room at 'Full Moons' ...

My mistake....

*'Full Moons' may not exist...but it would be a hilarious name for a strip club....That is all.*

:laugh: now that made me laugh out loud here at work.
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I also have been thinking about lap band surgery. went to a seminar and got alot og good info. I know 3 people that have gotten the surgery and the results are phenominal! :love: Even though I started the process and chickened out in the end, I still have not ruled it out. One ot the things I love about the procedure is the fact that it is reversable. ( not that you would want to reverse it) I say look into it may be something you want to do. Its not for every one and its not a quick fix. It will help aid you in your weight lose!