Targeting trouble zone - round the middle

Debx12345
Debx12345 Posts: 210
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
i am at 130lbs and the scales won't move any lower (why does it depress me when I get on the scales to see that!!!!!). Anyway I am a uk size 10 so I can't look that much of a heifer. Now my arms and legs look pure muscle, then the bit in the middle looks pure fat, so how do I even it out ?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You can't spot reduce, meaning you can't get your body to burn fat in any specific area. The fat comes off the way it wants to. Continue to do plenty of cardio, that will help burn fat, and do ab exercises that focus on strengthening your transverse abdominal muscles. They are the deepest layer of muscle and will give you a flatter tummy.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Well I have done a bit of research as I have the same problem, strong legs, small arms, and a tummy that sticks out!! (ughhh)

And This might be of some interest to you :]
    I take a lot of vitamins to keep me strong and healthy for rugby, and shop at gnc a lot. Last time i was in there I noticed a CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) called abdominal cuts. I am taking a cla, just gnc brand, and i have read nothing but great reviews. But apparently, If you eat healthy, cardio, and take abdominal cuts, it has been shown in many studies to reduce the tummy are in paticular. Like I said, i dont know from experience, but I might try it in the next month after I finish my cla bottle (which i just started)

Dunno if this helps are your opinions towards supplements.. but good luck!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    I can relate...I am at about the same point as you: chiseled arms, lean legs, damned belly. Chuck the scale, focus on being healthy. If it makes you feel any better I saw like the #3 woman in the San Antonio marathon running in her jog bra and she had a belly too.
This discussion has been closed.