Polar HRM Question

Im going to be buying a Polar HRM this week. Im looking at either the FT4 (prefered) or the H7 (Seems to have connection problems at times, not good, but might be ok!). I will be sharing the HRM with my wife as we are both getting into working out and getting in shape but i cant spend over $100 for 2 of them atm. Is it possible to setup 2 users on the watch for the FT4, or would i need to go in and change all the settings each time we used it to get the correct calorie count? If i need to change each setting seems the H7 even though seem to have more problems, might be better as the app would store our data and not a single watch.

Does anybody have the FT4 and share it?

Replies

• I don't know about setting up two users ..I don't think so...but are you looking to spend less than 100$ each ? If can get two I suggest you google HR monitors....you will find a website that has GREAT prices ..my FT4 was 79 $ and free shipping. Have bought from this company many times and they never disappoint.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    pretty sure you can both use the H7, as what keeps track of the info is whatever app you use it with. it does sometimes lose connectivity, although i'm having the best luck with it when using endomondo. part of the very discussed connectivity issue is one i sorted out with help from a polar rep - you cannot connect your H7 to polar beat unless you actually manually disconnect it from all other apps first. lame, since i use it with endomondo and sometimes map my fitness, but there it is.

btw, calorie count is still approximate with the FT4, and with the H7 it depends on what app you use. i've found endomondo to be the closest to accurate for me, and there are LOTS of activities on their list. endomondo can also do a general burn if you don't use a HRM, but you'll see big changes to your burn when you use a HRM. i didn't see that with other apps.