Off the wagon. Or on, whatever failure means.

Options
For the past week, I've just given up. I was so - so - sick of struggling with last few pounds. They're my vanity pounds, so obviously they're hard. My body thinks I need these in the prospect of a long, cold winter.

Moving the scale became close to impossible. I would go low carb, cut back hard on my calories, or go for long runs/walks in order to allow myself a decent dinner - after weeks I'd see the scale move. Then I'd go home to see my parents, eat too much of my mum's delicious home-cooked meals and go back to scratch.
It feels like studying hard core for an exam than oversleep at the exam date.

So now, as an unemployed graduate looking for work, I've just stopped logging the past few days. I still eat clean and home-cooked meals as I'm not a fast food/take out person, but I've had lots of pasta, wine and cheese.

I just paid for spinning classes and hope do drag my *kitten* over there tomorrow. It's just that I'm a really good circle vs bad circle kind of person. In a good circle, I'm moving, substituting coffee for green tea, making kale protein shakes - bad circle, nothing matters. Just pass the brie and Merlot.

I need some motivation, and while pics of Candice Swanepoel usually have a certain effect, it doesn't do much anymore. I'll sit here with my lousy applications, might as well have a glass of wine.

Ugh. What's your go-to for motivation? Especially those of you who just have a few more to go.

Replies

• HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This is definitely me.

I only have 5-10kg more to go (already lost over 40kg) and because I look okay and get compliments now and fit into nice clothes I've mostly just given up. I've been losing weight for 3 years now so I'm just sick of thinking about how I should be working out and worrying about I'm eating.
  • bcucbf
    bcucbf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 years - 48 kg and I feel just the same....
    I allow myself to have a break (maintenance - not gain). My break lasts for 3 months now.
    I need to find back my flow now (good circle) because I am not at the end and nobody will go there for me.

It's not failure. It's part of the road.
    Sit there a few days. Think about resuming the walk. Then get your *kitten* up and go.
    Even if you choose to stay there, it's your choice. And it does define YOU as a failure.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I swing back and forth 5 pounds all the time. It's annoying, but that's life. I just can't be so disciplined all the time. But, when I hit the high point of the threshold (140 pounds), I reel it in. Which usually means I cut out the craft beer and start drinking more water.

The thing is though, you can't really see that 5 pounds on me. I work out regularly and I lift heavy things. For me, this is the best way to avoid getting hung up on a few pounds. I know that I can tweak my diet for two weeks and between a calorie deficit and water weight, I'll be back on target.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me. I think I'm pretty okay with where I am now and I've been really busy, so I just haven't had the motivation to push myself and lose those last few vanity pounds. My new strategy is to try to eat more fruits and veggies, so I feel fuller and not so tempted to go over my calories. Good luck!