Dropping Pant Sizes

Options
Just a question. How much weight did you have to lose before you lost a pant size?? I'm just curious!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20lbs and have gone from a size 9-11 (depending on the brand I was buying) to a 5. I can't say when exactly it changed, since I kept all my old pants and kept using them, even though they were baggy.
    It all depends on where your body decides to lose the fat, and when. It'll differ for everyone. :) But generally once you get out of that initial huge drop/water weight stage, that's when you'll start noticing your pants fitting differently.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    less than 20 pounds, more than 10.
  • hh121
    hh121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In men's sizes, I've lost 19kg and went from a 38 to a 34 (with a tiny bit of room).
    So probably 8-8.5kg per 2 inches.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    15 pounds = 2 pant sizes for me, but I'm sure it will vary on the individual as people are going to lose weight in different places.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    For me at 5'1" my first pant size drop is about 15 lbs.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on where you lose it from.

but to state the obvious in order to drop pants sizes you will need to lose from the waist, hips, butt and thighs
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I dropped one size for every 10 lbs lost.

Everyone will be different, though, depending on body type, where you lose weight first/fastest, and starting weight.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    I've lost about 65 lbs and only went from a size 24 to 18...but the last place I seem to lose weight from is the hips/ thighs