How often do you have a cheat day?

Options
13»

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i dont understand the term " cheat day". to begin with.
    i take it as an american term?
    have searched forum. no firm explanation or definition.
    anyone can clarify please?

Cheat Day...hmmm....Western term perhaps? "Cheating" during a diet means eating foods you are not supposed to have due to the very high calories, sometimes "empty calories" as with most junk food or sweets..usually loaded with sugar, carbs or fat. But sometimes it might be necessary to break a daily calorie pattern as to avoid reaching a plateau. I wouldn't say I "cheat" but I make sure to never eat the same amount of calories on a weekly basis. The human body is amazingly smart and can adapt itself to a daily calorie intake fairly quick.

thanks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Never. I may have days where I go over my calories or don't meet my macros, but I don't believe in "cheating" on my "diet". I just eat, mindfully most of the time, log whatever it is and move on.

ETA: And by go over my calories, I mean the limit I have set in my diary, which is below my BMR. I've never gone over TDEE since I began, and rarely if ever over BMR, heh.

And no freaking out, I have 137lbs of body fat to metabolize :grumble:
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRR!!!! Eat what I want daily and make it fit :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    A "cheat" meal (whatever that may mean to you) once a week should not affect your overall progress. Personally, I don't set aside a cheat day or cheat meal. I follow the 80/20 rule, closely monitor my 2-week trend and adjust accordingly.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Cheating implies dishonesty, faking, and other negative things to me. I don't want such energy sucks in my life, so I aim for moderation every day, every week, and every month.
  • wubbykid
    wubbykid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Once a month!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Never nope, I try and make everything fit, and if I go over every once in a while I don't stress cuz it rarely happens.
  • cmpnaz
    cmpnaz Posts: 190
    Options
    I have a cheat once very 2 weeks ... A half a small bowl of Tortilla chips and salsa and a Bowl of Chili Colorado ( red chili ), no tortillas, from my favorite Mexican food restaurant. The chips are my cheat !