NSV: Finally able to fit into ON clothes/buy a real bra!!

Options
2»

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats...for some reason I see old navy as a future NSV for me too...lol
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Keep up your hard work! :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job and I shop at Old Navy all the time - I have found their sizes pretty on par with everyone else - so if they are vanity sizing, so is everyone else. I did a size chart comparison and ON sizes were actually the smallest to my surprise in terms of inches
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :drinker: It's always a good feeling when hard work is paying off. Keep it up!
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats doesn't even touch your accomplishment! Awesome job, and keep doing what you're doing! Also, thanks. I've been having a tough diet day today. I really needed that. :bigsmile:
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I fear the day I'm able to walk in there and find anything my size. My bank account will suffer greatly! lol
    Tell me about it. The main thing that's kept my inner clothes horse in check is the fact I can't fit into 98% of the stuff I like.
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I could care less if it's vanity sizing or not. I couldn't fit into it before, and now I can. :) That's all that matters to meeeee (not actual size numbers) :happy:
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That's awesome and I feel you on the bra!!!! I'm not sure what size they go to but Torrid has some sexy bras for us large chested women. They can be pricey but they have some fun bras and clothes!

Just a side note on Old Navy, try on a few pairs in your size, even the same style. I have found that the sweetheart jeans made in one country are almost a size bigger than the same type made in a different country. I used to be so good to just buy off the rack and be sure about it but I would go home with a pair of jeans and they'd fall off while the same size I was fitting perfectly.

I would love to shop at Torrid! I'm in the middle of no where NH, so I think the closest one to me (that I knew of) was Albany, NY, but when I went there last the store had shut down! :cry: I'll have to look around for one, now. :)

Yeah all their jeans were very different feeling. Similar to Maurices, I feel like Old Navy just needs to make a style and stick with it instead of constantly trying to change things up!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how I felt the day I could shop both plus sized stores AND "normal" stores.

I have been wearing a 40C bra for quite some time now, and most normal stores carry this size but I still buy my bras from Addition Elle because they just seem to fit that much better. They're a little pricey but they go all the way down to a 36C so if I lose enough weight to be smaller than that I'm going to be very disappointed (but seriously, seriously happy).

I love Old Navy's Active Wear section . . . I think I own almost all the items and it's slightly vain because with Active Wear I can size down and it makes me feel great lol.

I'm so happy to hear about this . . . and I can imagine how you felt - even though no one else knows what's happening, you know! And that will change everything about how you carry yourself!

Congrats lady! Next time you go into Old Navy, it will all fit and you'll walk out with a brand new wardrobe!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That's awesome and I feel you on the bra!!!! I'm not sure what size they go to but Torrid has some sexy bras for us large chested women. They can be pricey but they have some fun bras and clothes!

Just a side note on Old Navy, try on a few pairs in your size, even the same style. I have found that the sweetheart jeans made in one country are almost a size bigger than the same type made in a different country. I used to be so good to just buy off the rack and be sure about it but I would go home with a pair of jeans and they'd fall off while the same size I was fitting perfectly.

I would love to shop at Torrid! I'm in the middle of no where NH, so I think the closest one to me (that I knew of) was Albany, NY, but when I went there last the store had shut down! :cry: I'll have to look around for one, now. :)

Yeah all their jeans were very different feeling. Similar to Maurices, I feel like Old Navy just needs to make a style and stick with it instead of constantly trying to change things up!

Absolutely agree with the first post about trying on a couple different styles. I went to Old Navy and tried on The Flirt in an 18 and it was kind of tight, gave me a tiny muffin top but nothing I couldn't work with. Got the same wash and style in The Sweetheart and tried it on - nope, went all the way down to a 14 in that one. Then tried on The Diva and was a 16 in that one. Their jeans can fit kind of weird but once you find one that suits your body shape really well, stick to it. I prefer the Diva because of the way it sits, but The Sweetheart has a higher waist, so can hide the muffin top if you carry more weight in the middle (which I do). The Diva tends to be tighter in the hips than The Sweetheart, and don't even get me started on those Boyfriend jeans. I know a lot of women wear them, but I bought one pair and they made me look like I was wearing saggy butt mom jeans, and I happen to have quite a bum from squatting that I'm proud of lol. It really all depends on how you like your jeans to fit.

I asked ON about it once because I was like this is crazy . . . and they said it's because a) they wanted to have styles that fit differently for everyone and b) their clothes are hand sewn, so there is more than likely going to be some difference between each and every pair, that's just how they're made.
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fairly long. I apologize. :)

I have dreamed about this day. Not that Old Navy is the best store in the world, but I used to wear their button down dress shirts all the time. They're cheap and look fairly nice (in my opinion). I haven't been able to fit into Old Navy since my freshman spring at college (somewhere around 4-5 years ago).

Yesterday we went shopping and I made it a point to go into Old Navy just to see if their clothes would fit. I grabbed a few jeans in a 20 and a button down shirt.

Well.
    (Drumroll Please)

Not only did it button, it actually fit!!! it was somewhat too large in the stomach region, actually! And the jeans! THEY BUTTONED ON ME TOO! O.M.G.

There were small downsides. The shirt was super tight in the arms (which were really odd anyway because the shoulder was too long) and the jeans were too tight in the calves, so I didn't get either, BUT WHO CARES?! I could go into a story that isn't plus size exclusive only and try on clothes!!!!!

I'd like to point out that although I love the way they look (in theory), Old Navy clothes sometimes just fit weird, so that's totally NOT saying anything odd about your shape. I feel like the arms and shoulders on their shirts, especially button-downs, are oddly smaller sized compared to the midsections, and their jean sizings are ALL over the place - I actually fit into three different sizes in the same "fit" depending on whether the pants are skinny, boot cut, or bermuda shorts. Going between their different fits is a nightmare.

Old Navy sizing rant aside, congrats on fitting into the stuff you tried on! Good luck finding the perfect pair of jeans :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    That's great… it can be fun and motivating just trying clothes on at the mall. also --getting nice clothes and good undergarments as a person loses weight is important. so many times we tend to say.."i'll wait until I'm at goal to treat myself right"… we should look our best now and clothes that fit and undergraments that support make a person look thinner off the bat.
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know EXACTLY how you feel because it happened to me!
    For years and years I was between a 2.5-3 in Chico's clothing. I basically had "enlarged my body OUT of the 'normal' clothing stores." Some months ago, when I was reaching my first goal (145), I asked my husband if he thought it was a good idea to buy a cheap pair of pants from eBay in a size I "dreamed" of being, size 8.
    I know, I know...vanity sizing accounted and all, I've NEVER in my teen/adult life been able to fit into that number so, it was a personal goal for me! I bought a banana republic pair, and when I tried them on...I CRIED. SOBBED for a good 30 minutes. They were super, super tight...but THEY FIT. For the first time in my life, I owned a size 8. Now that I'm 6 pounds or so away from my second goal, I'm a solid 8, I still buy from eBay (I'm broke) and Marshall's. Speaking of Marshall's, the day we went was the first time since I was 15-17 years old I haven't cried, felt insulted, depressed, and downright horrible in a store, or clothes-shopping in general. First time!
    Congratulations, hunny, you deserve this newfound feeling of success. Enjoy it, I support you 100%.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Be proud of yourself and keep pushing forward!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on your progress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!