Healthy On-The-Go Lunches? Any Ideas?

Options
Hi, all. I am a college student with a full course load who also works 20 hours a week, but regardless of my busy schedule, I am determined to continue eating healthy and exercising daily this semester. I need some ideas for healthy and low-calorie lunches that are easy and quick to prepare and can be eaten on the go (i.e., in a lecture hall). I get bored of eating the same thing day in and day out, which is why my last diet (although I dislike the word "diet" and much prefer the term "healthy lifestyle") failed. Plain grilled chicken breasts and turkey on whole-wheat bread get real old, real fast, so I need some ideas to spice it up. I like to keep lunch under 400 calories and high in protein. Just about any and all ideas are welcome. Oh, and snack ideas would be awesome, too. Thank you so much!

Replies

• pastybuns
    Options
    Hi PugBug20!

So I TOTALLY sympathize with this! I am a full time college student and also work 20 hours/week! Been that way for about a year now. My diet has changed quite a bit in a year and I am now a high carb, high raw vegan. Makes it way easier as I typically lug a 2 liter of squeezed orange juice or perhaps a bundle (4 - 6) bananas for a meal on the go. I used to be a high protein pursuer though. It's all about finding what diet works best for you in health and in general life.

Here's stuff I do on the go now:
    ~1 -2L Fruit juice - REAL juice
    ~bundle of bananas (4 - 6)
    ~bag of any fruit (peaches, strawberries, etc)
    ~a mini watermelon <---slice it in half and you have 2 bowls!
    snacks: all of the above lol

Here's stuff the pre-high carb/raw vegan me took on the go about a year ago which you might find to be more of your cup of tea:
    ~baked sweet potatoes (bake day before, wrap it in foil and eat like a burrito)
    ~sandwich wraps
    ~pouches of tuna/salmon in various flavors
    ~bags of frozen vegetables (my campus has microwaves)
    ~oatmeal packets (again, microwave)
    ~Greek yogurt - plain - TONS of protein.
    ~quinoa mixed with tomato sauce and chicken (protein + protein)
    ~nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut) packets - spread it on sandwiches, fruit, veggies, anything!
    ~popcorn! <-- ALOT of protein. Don't buy the packet awful stuff. Buy a bottle of it unpopped. Place a scoop in a brown paper bag and microwave it for air popped, plain goodness.

Good luck and good health to you!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love Graze snacks! You get four snacks in each box to eat like seeds, dried fruit, pretzel sticks, etc. They have over 90 options to choose from and they ship it to your house or work. I wish i had this when i was in college, you can pack it up and take it to class. They items they give you are pretty filling cuz its high in protein. It can get you through class before ur main meal or if you're not extremely hungry one day that can be used as a meal. I remember living on campus eating awful food and i gained 30 pounds cause of it. Graze gives you a healthier option. They also have a calorie counter box if you're picky and that box has 50-150 calories in it per snack. Its only $6 a box and that includes shipping.Use coupon code MAITRE5PP on www.graze.com or go here https://www.graze.com/us/p/MAITRE5PU to get a free box to try them out.