How do you prepare avocado

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some interesting ways to add avocado into my meals. How do you prepare avocado
    Peel it and open mouth. :bigsmile:

Just kidding. I like to cut it up and put it on salad.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

One of my favorittes for a very ripe soft avacado use it instead of mayo. I cut a cooked chicken breast up into small cubes, then smash in the avacado for a delicious chicken salad mix.
    This sounds delicious!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i like it mixed with greek yogurt (2 parts yogurt to 1 part avocado), mixed with pepper and dill and a little light italian dressing. yum!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Good bread, toasted (some amazing whole-grain wheat or some homemade sourdough)
    Slice avocado, then mash it on top of the bread - use at least a quarter avo for each slice of bread, more if you want!
    Salt and pepper on top of the avocado
    Add a poached egg on top of that

Eat with a knife and fork... it's an AMAZING breakfast, I often do 2 slices/eggs, which fills me up for quite awhile.

I guess I'm making a trip to Costco soon. JUST TO MAKE THIS. THANK YOU!!!! :bigsmile:
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Spread of wholewheat bread, cracked black pepper and shoved under the grill to toast it off a little...delicious.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    On a turkey burger. All I need is the turkey burger, bun, avocado and a slice of cheese and I'm a happy camper.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You can make guac with it, but honestly I just eat it raw. Make a few incisions in the skin and then peel the skin off by hand, cut the avocado in half and the seed will stick into one half, then use a chef's knife to get the seed out (just hit it with a heavy chef's knife and twist), slice and enjoy.

This, but depending on what I add it to I might slice, or dice the avocado in the skin and then either spoon or squish it out (like for guacamole). The first time I saw someone do this I remember thinking, brilliant!

And avocado, let me count the ways...

With fish and mango or pineapple salsa
    In a quesadilla with fajitas and tomatoes
    On top of omelets (I only eat omelets if I have avocado)
    Grilled cheese sandwiches
    With tomato in an avocado salad
    With black beans, fajitas and salsa
    As a side dish with Garlic salt
    As a side dish with Lemon pepper
    Paninis. Any Paninis.

That's off the top of my head, I might come back and add more.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I love it fresh out of the skin with some bacon and eggs for breakfast. Works well with something a bit salty, I like it on sandwiches too, needs some texture to pair with it for a meal. Sometimes I crave it so bad I eat it plain though.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As part of a sushi roll! :) Mmmm mmm!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    eat it plain

mush it up and use it as a sandwich condiment

add it to salads

mix it with hard boiled egg for a no-mayo egg salad

freeze it and use it smoothies or frozen fruit desserts (adds a creamy texture and is a nice alternative to bananas)

blend it with unsweetened cocoa powder, honey and vanilla

make guacamole

...I rarely eat more than a half an avocado a day, so I leave the pit in the half I don't eat, put that half in a plastic bag with a small piece of tomato and store in the fridge. Stays fresh for a couple days.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I use them as a spread on my sandwiches, I put them into tacos and salads.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love avocados I eat them as a side. I put them in the salads. In my smoothies, on toast in the morning. Was instead of mayo. Put them on my sandwich.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I cut mine into slices, lay them flat on a plate, and give them a healthy sprinkling of salt and pepper. It's a totally different taste and it's AMAZING.

I also like slices or chunks on top of a fresh salad with greens, tomatoes, onions, maybe some peppers, and lime dressing. With salt and pepper.