Keeping the routine when out of the routine

SkierElle
SkierElle Posts: 335
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I know a lot of us will be traveling for Christmas and find it hard to get workouts in. I am doing Insanity and want to keep up with my schedule. However, for 2 days I am going to my grandparents' house and then I am going skiing with my family.

I think this is possible, but it's going to be difficult. So i can do my workout the 23rd and 24th at my parents house. Then we'll go to my grandparents house and I'll take the 25th off from Insanity then go do my 5k around their neighborhood on Christmas morning... before everyone gets up. Later christmas day we'll probably all go for a walk together. But then we are going skiing the 27-30, so I'm going to have to skip those days as we are staying in a fifth wheel camping trailer!!! I don't think I'll feel too bad because I'll get plenty of exercise skiing, and I can double up the workouts when I'm back home. Also I am probably going to be running around in the snow with my little brother and cousins. Lol.

Who else is traveling over Christmas and what are you going to do to fit in your workouts?!

Replies

• sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    I'm going home to visit Family for 5 days. And to me it's more important that I spend time with everyone I need to see before I have to leave. So if that means sacrificing working out or anything for those 5 days so be it. Not as important to me as family.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Skiing burns more calories than you think! I would count that!! A good day on the slopes burns 600-800 cals for me!

My gym is open 24/7 so I'm going to do my best to stick with my routine up until the day we leave for Mexico. While I'm there I'm going to do some beach jogging and we snorkel a lot. Hoping to at least maintain :-)

I think you've got a great plan going!!:smile:
  • Awesome Shannon! Mexico will be so fun! Lucky girl!

Of course I am going to spend as much time with my family as possible, I just am in the habit of getting up earlier than everyone else and getting a workout in! And then I like to include my family in my workouts too - we usually have a blast, my dad and I run together, my brothers and I bike together, and we all go skiing together. I wish I had an HRM so I knew how many cals I was burning during skiing!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,393 Member
    Awesome Shannon! Mexico will be so fun! Lucky girl!

Of course I am going to spend as much time with my family as possible, I just am in the habit of getting up earlier than everyone else and getting a workout in! And then I like to include my family in my workouts too - we usually have a blast, my dad and I run together, my brothers and I bike together, and we all go skiing together. I wish I had an HRM so I knew how many cals I was burning during skiing!

Sounds like you ought to drop some hints to Santa that you'd really like an HRM. :) That's so great you're able to share so many different activities with your family members. Treasure it.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
    I don't have a HRM either....but I am surprised at the number of calories MFP says that downhill skiing burns! And you know it's the best for getting your thighs in great shape!
This discussion has been closed.