Options
2»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    FatvsMuscle.jpg

EWWWWWWW.
    That said - thanks for the visual, it really does make a world of difference in my thinking. You always hear muscle weighs more than fat but that never made sense to me but now I get it :)
  • joeybaby66
    Options
    Hi B,
    It is important. it helps to stengthen your joints, ligaments, and it will burn fat as well. the good news is you really don't have to go to a gym. all you need is some small barbells, maybe two to five pounds. There are all kinds of videos out there for women who want a basic resistance workout.
    You'll actually feel the difference when you haul the little one around. You can also do pushups, and buy one of those bars you put between the doorway, and do pullups.Great for upper body strength. You won't get muscle bound. You'll will however tone up and look really good. give it a shot. not a big expense at all.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I agree with Joeybaby66, because I won't work out if I have to drive to a gym. I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for several months and am astounded at how many inches I have lost. All of my dresses and skirts are way too big for me! I should have measured myself at the beginning, but my clothes definitely show I lost, especially in the hips. I like her workouts because they combine cardio and strength training all in one session, and I can even do more than one push-up now! (straight legs!)

And yes, endorice, your arms are amazing!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, the personal trainer I talked to at the gym put it this way: "The human body is like a car, muscles being the motor. When you have a little motor or muscles, you burn less gas or calories. Whereas if your motor is big, you will use up more gas. So make those muscles grow, girl!" :laugh:
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Something not mentioned - strength training helps women avoid osteoporosis later in life!