Hit my plateau

Options
Ughhhh....the last couple weeks have drove me NUTS......I hot a plateau and can't seem to get past it. What has anyone here done to get over that hump?

Replies

• zombie130
    Options
    you probably dont want to hear this part, but a food scale haha. also just not giving up:) also i ate at maintenance for 3 days to shock my body then lowered the calories back down again and just kept up the routine and sure enough it worked
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A plateau is like 5-6 weeks, you are in a stall. Could be water retention due to increased exercise? Are you weighing and measuring accurately? Also you joined in July so if that is when you started, losing 12 pounds in two months is pretty awesome, congratulations!
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I weigh,measure......and keep close track of everything. I walk everyday over all kinds of different terrain ( I do not run due to bad knees....just will never happen) I do exercise at home about 30 minutes a day as I do not believe I need to spend 40-50 bucks a month to do at a gym what I can do at home with a couple dum bells and a good workout video to follow.

Not sure I ever mentioned that I don't measure my food....so not sure where those assumptions came from

I started this journey on July 23....MFP set me up with a goal of about 1450 calories a day, which 9 times out of ten I am below.....around the 1200 mark.

I guess just keep doing what I am doing and things will fall into place right?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    These are my options:

eat less
    move more
    take a diet break
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    While I am sure 2 weeks with no loss has been frustrating, I was stuck for 2 1/2 months. I've just recently started seeing a change on the scale again, but in the meantime I did continue to loose inches. I know it's easier said than done, but don't stress about a couple weeks. It's really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. If you are accurately measuring and recording your food, and exercising regularly, the scale will catch up eventually!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    make sure you have decreased your calories for the day with your weight loss.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't a plateau. It happens. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • waggybes
    Options
    Ive been stuck for about 4 weeks now at the same weight but Im eating very similar, I do at the weekend drink wine which can take me over and then I exercise. Its hard but I look at it as at least Im not putting too much on and at least I know.