Splitting workouts into two during the day. ADVICE PLS

Options
I want to start doing more fitness workouts from Fitnessblender (and similar) youtube channels but there are some that are lengthy (40mins+) and I usually can't finish it all at once because I die. My question is, can I still get a good result from working out if I do half a routine during the day and finish the rest of it at night time (basically splitting a large workout into two).

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not doing the full routine twice in a day, it's totally fine. If you need to do this for time constraints then just make sure you are being consistent with your routine and not skipping things.

That being said, if you are unable to complete a 40 minute workout, you should consider lowering the intensity and/or volume instead of splitting it up. I do not use fitness blender - is this cardio or weights? Cardio does not need to be 40 minutes if it's making you feel this way; either do low intensity steady state fro those 40 minutes or cut the time in half. If it's weights then you need to pick a consistent routine to know whether things are working or not. 40 minutes, assuming rest and all is involved, is an average time for performing a routine.
  • ssmkgp
    ssmkgp Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Of course
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What do you want to achive?