Swimming & fitbit flex

Options
Hi. I'm off for a swim this morning and was wondering if its best to have my flex on or is it best to leave it off for tracking? I've got fibromyalgia so it will only be very gentle swimming and will have to stop in between each length. I know its waterproof but was wondering if its best to wear it or not? Any advice will be gladly accepted. Thanks in advance, Jackie :smile:

Replies

• IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Don't have any advice regarding the fitbit flex, but just wanted to say enjoy your swim :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt think it'd cause an issue, the unit itself is self contained and cant be penetrated by water, but the Chlorine may well bleach the color of the band. I wash the dishes with mine on so it's detergent proof :)

not sure however what it would register with swimming, if it's tuned for that type of exercise but it is unlikely to break
  • komitra
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)

lets make a BBM group for weight loss tips and success stories... lets be more connected

My BBM pin is - 764EC9A2
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    whats BBM? and why are you hijacking this thread ;p
  • komitra
    Options
    I'm sorry if I'm hijacking :embarassed:

I just thought it would be great to be connected :smile: BBM = BlackBerry Messenger
    whats BBM? and why are you hijacking this thread ;p
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The Flex help page says the device is submersible up to 10m but not designed to accurately track swimming.