Getting to 10,000 steps a day

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but if you have some days where you take 3000, make that your starting goal. I understand you don't want to overdo it - but if you have the ability to do this now, then I don't think that is pushing yourself too hard.
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    +1 for a cycle (stationary or bicycle). This is an excellent, low impact cardio that will blitz those calories.

IMO its not about the steps, 10k just tells us we are getting enough in to burn enough calories to maintain a healthy weight (as long as we aren't eating too much). Its a good indicator of how active we are, as long as we aren't cycling/swimming/rowing etc. and of how many calories we are burning.

I only do between 6000-8000 steps daily, but am burning 4000 calories as I cycle commute (usually adds up to 1400 calories burnt), I'm not worried about those missing 4k steps as I have far exceeded my required daily calorie burn (I went to bed with a 1000 calorie deficit last night after pigging out and eating 3000 calories through the day).