Day 1: Monday 1st September 2014

Options
Hi All

So, this is my day 1!

I've weighed & measured myself this morning. I need to lose 42lbs (3 stone) to get back to my happy weight. Like a lot of people, my weight gain has been gradual over the last few years. I have a photo from about 4 years ago in which I look slim & fit so this is my inspiration.

I'm going booze free for September as a huge kick-start for a healthier me. I'm also cutting sugar, wheat and fast release carbs. I tend to overeat things like pasta so I'm just steering clear of these until I get more control on my eating habits. So, it's all about plenty of lean protein, veggies and a couple of portions of fruit plus a little bit of healthy fat. I have a huge appetite so I'm hoping the high protein way will keep me full to prevent overeating.

I'm also going to up my exercise. I enjoy running but have not been very motivated over the summer so need to re-start that. Am also returning to kickboxing classes after a year long break. Gonna mix it up with a bit of swimming, Jillian Michaels DVDs and perhaps trying out new classes.

So that's the plan!

Maria

Replies

• radimage
    Options
    Nice plan, Maria.

Good luck!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great plan Maria!
    I have around 20kgs to go (approx. 44lbs) so we have similar goals.
    I started swimming at the beginning of February and now exercise regularly.
    Its they way to go. Find something you enjoy!
    :smile:
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Month challenges are a great way to stay motivated, good luck!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome Maria, my day 1 was the 1st of August and here 30 days later I am 5KG lighter and eating way better. Enjoy the ride.
  • _Juhi_
    _Juhi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! All the best to u ! Even I am starting my journey today!
  • africanmasq
    Options
    Awesome, good luck! Cutting out sugar is such an awesome goal and I wish you all the best. I'm not quite there yet but I hope to do that eventually.
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck, it sounds like you've got a great plan.
  • MsSantiago1973
    MsSantiago1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds excellent! I also need to reduce carbs dramatically and workout more frequently and I will pull out 30 Day Shred by Jillian. I am 230 and have a goal of 150. Let's do this!