I bought some weights finally!

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
8 lb kettlebell..(the lightest walmart had) pair of weights- 3 & 5 lb, and a exercise ball. I got a DVD from kettlebell and a info packet for exercise ball, but always could use some tips. :D

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    Congratulations on your purchases. I'm interested in the responses you get back for the kettlebell. Have fun.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I just got some new weights as well. My wife sold our old Bowflex weights and we got some Powerblock 5.0 weights (5 - 50 lbs). I love that they only take up the space the size of a small shoebox, each. Very easy to store and quick to change weight when needed.

http://www.powerblock.com/blocks.html
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    From seeing clips..kettlebell looks like a mix of cardio and weight training..:)
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    The heavier the kettlebell, the easier it is to get the correct posture, form, and best workout. I started with 25 lbs and gradually moved down to a 15, which I use now.

Dumbbells are still my favorite :)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    8 lb kettlebell..(the lightest walmart had) pair of weights- 3 & 5 lb, and a exercise ball. I got a DVD from kettlebell and a info packet for exercise ball, but always could use some tips. :D
    how much were the weights?
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Woohoo for you!! I did that myself just lately, too. I had a ball, but have no idea what to do with it anymore. The weights I use with the Biggest Looser Cardio Max DVD I got. Just 2 and 3 lb light ones. Kettlebell? Who knows? I'll keep track of your answers for myself!
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Jillian Michaels has a DVD "Shred it with Weights", where she uses a kettlebell. It is a nice 20-25 min video with 2 levels
This discussion has been closed.