Workout Calendars?

chickadee2010
chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey, guys! I just finished making my workout calendar for the month of January. Basically, I've gotten workouts and cardio ideas from magazines. I go by how many days it says to do them, and reps, etc, and I fit everything into a calendar page that I've made. It seems cool to me to be able to mark a day off, the feel-good of finishing something. So I've got a month of workouts and each day I do whatever my calendar says and that helps me keep track of everything. Of a morning, I check it and say "This is what I have to do sometime today."

Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I set out my workouts every sunday night for the week. I look at my schedule for the week (Am I going to stay at the boy's place? Do we have any big dinners planned? Work parties? Friends visiting?) and plan my biggest cardio days for when I will want to splurge most.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Yeah, I print out my workouts with the use of windows calendar maker.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    I set out my workouts every sunday night for the week. I look at my schedule for the week (Am I going to stay at the boy's place? Do we have any big dinners planned? Work parties? Friends visiting?) and plan my biggest cardio days for when I will want to splurge most.

This is a great idea! I typically find my husband springs things on me though!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Thanks, what a fabulous idea.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Not like that, but I have a routine I keep at the gym and it keep me on track to have to be there at certain times for classes. It is so much harder to push aside when it's on your calendar! It's like - it's official then!
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    I just bought a calendar on Amazon for just that reason. I know I can print one free, but it has some great inspirational quotes and it feels like investing in myself that way. :)
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    I do Cardio Workouts on the treadmill, since it has been SO COLD lately. I also LOVE doing Exercise TV. I do Yoga, Walking Dancing, or Cardio Worouts on Exercise TV. There's also ExerciseTV.com, which is FUN, too.
    I came across myfitnesspal, because I was on the computer, just searching.
    Exactly what is a Workout Calender? How does it work and what do you do on your Workout Calender?
    Just wanted to share with you and respond to your post.
    Teresa
    Write me when you get a chance.
    This replies to chickadee2010
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    I like the calendar idea... i havent do that but i do have a "workout book." its a good way to keep everything organized and I bought a pretty one as one of my "meeting my goals" presents.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    I have my calendar made out thru the beginning of march... I am starting Insanity January 1st and its a 63 day program so I printed out calendars and wrote it all down so I dont have to mark on the calendar that came wth the set.... And I am starting on a different day than their calendar so it helps me to be on the right day!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    This is a great idea! I typically find my husband springs things on me though!

I tell the boy which days are my big days too, so he knows I have the room to splurge. Or we'll talk earlier in the day (before I've had lunch) and decide we're going to do something. But not living together proly gives us more flexibility in that (cuz I can just go home...as callous as that sounds to my bf :wink: ).
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Yep. Have my workouts on a calendar. Been doing it for the past few months. It helps to know exactly what I need to do that day so there's no wasted time trying to figure out what I feel like doing. Like someone else mentioned, it kind of makes it official when it's there in black and white. It's a must do for the day.
This discussion has been closed.