Starting over again

Options
Hello,
I am 30 year old female who's weight has went up & down like Oprah Winfrey over the years. I was already at 200 & over the last 4 months I have gained another 28 pounds. I deal with depression & a year & a half ago I was at 140 pounds so that gives you a idea of my weight going up & down.

I plain to use the app & community to try to stay on it this time. I am tired of being obese & feeling like crap. I miss my skinny clothes that are just sitting in my closet. Happy to meet all of you!

Replies

• radimage
    Options
    Let's do this together.

Add me if you'd like.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    me too
  • pdunville
    pdunville Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more friends - add me! :)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I'm starting over again too and would love to reach 140lb one day! 220lb is far too much for my frame to manage.
    I'm hoping that the time spent on MFP will help me stay at the right weight - once I finally get there.
    Please do add me if you wish.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I log in everyday. :)
  • Mokapally
    Mokapally Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know where you're at with the weight gain and depression (some of the tricyclics and SSRIs and mood stabilizers make you gain weight like crazy).

I hit rock bottom when I stepped on the scale a few months ago and saw that I weighed 205lbs. 205?!? That's when I realized that wishing it away/ignoring it was not going to make the weight disappear.

I'm cheering you on! I didn't believe the weight was ever going to come off but at the 3.5 month mark, I am down 17lbs. You can do it! :)
  • quatschmitsauce
    Options
    I deal with depression as well and my weight doesn't go up and down, just up. I signed up here last week to change that, so let's do it together :)
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again today too. Please feel free to add me-You have a lot of company here :)
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Start over right now!! It is September 1 and a great day to remember as the day u decided to take control. I am with you
  • Traci_duncan
    Traci_duncan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bless yall! I will take all the help I can get. The last time I lost all my weight I swore I would never get back to this way. Things happen but yes September 1st will one day be the day that I can look back & remember as the day I started my new lifestyle! I just have to realize this is a way of life not a diet.

I also want & need to deal with how I use food to make myself feel better.
  • jbfwarren929
    jbfwarren929 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going at it again with all! Feeling excited!:smile:
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgB_cqDiXs It is Leslie Sansone with plenty of free videos on youtube. Its easy, and it works, check it out,,,yes, just walk... just copy and paste it.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    me to
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like. I am a frquent blogger and I log everyday no matter how bad it is.:wink: I am over 220 right now as well. I got all the way down to 207 before falling off the wagon during vacation. But I am starting over again with a new focus (or at least trying). I never give us. NEVER I have been on MFP for almost a year and only lost 20 pounds, but I still never give up. We can do this. Even if we just get healthier, we will come out ahead.
  • 4mic
    4mic Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep, I relate. Feel free to add me!
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lbs with MFP but noticed it starting to creep back up!
    I'm not going to calorie count as I find it difficult to maintain in the long-term, although I will continue the healthy eating, and try to fit more consistent exercise in.
    I'd love to chat to some people who need a buddy!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    add me , im new here and starting over again!
  • berrymedley
    Options
    same for me! Feel free to add
  • t169
    t169 Posts: 9
    Options
    add me xx
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, if you would like to and I will always support where I can